Big Pharma pay envelopes

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

Big Pharma pay envelopes

Postby cjbrooksjc » Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:49 pm

These numbers may make you retch, sorry. They WILL help you understand the problem!

**http://www.fiercepharma.com/special-reports/top-17-paychecks-big-pharma?sourceform=FPwm

Brooks
cjbrooksjc

Postby schatzi » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:40 pm

Brooks,

Looked at the link. Sickening! is all I can say.
schatzi

statin drugs

Postby gotts1936 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:04 pm

Brook, thanks for the link. Unbelievable!

I have an interesting story concerning how the drug companies payoff the doctor's to push drugs. On May 14,2004, the headline said, " Pfizer Settles Neurotin Off-Label Marketing Lawsuit for $427 million ".
Pfizer has agreed to plead guilty and pay more than $430 million to settle all criminal charges and civil liabilities related to the illegal and fradulent promotion of unapproved uses for its top selling epilepsy drug Neurontin.

I discovered this lawsuit because my neurologist wants to put me on Gapapentin (Neurontin). Please notice that he did not use the name Neurontin, but instead used the drug name Gabapentin.

Pfizer has been pushing the sale of this drug for off-label (FDA unapproved uses) such as bipolar mental disorder, various pain disorders, Lou Gehrig's Disease, etc. And, doctors were paid to attend so-called " consultants meetings" in which physicians received a FEE for attending expensive dinners or conferences during which presentations about off-label uses of Neurontin (gabapentin) were made. These events included lavish weekends and trips to Florida, the 1996 Atlanta Olympics and Hawaii. There was little or no significant consulting provided by the physicians, etc. etc. etc.

When I told my neurologist I would have to check out Gabapentin prior to my taking it, he became very unhappy with me.

Check it out at www.legalnewswatch.com and search for Neurontin lawsuit
gotts1936

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs