Another supporter of the statin and cholesterol myths

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

Another supporter of the statin and cholesterol myths

Postby cjbrooksjc » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:38 pm

An easy read on the cholesterol myth and the ineffectiveness of Statin drugs.

Link: **http://www.andypotts.name/?p=239

Excerpt: Dr. James M. Wright is a professor at the University of British Columbia and he also serves as the director of a government-funded group called the “Therapeutic Initiative.” The sole purpose of this group is to read all the medical literature and figure out how well different drugs work for their intended purpose. That makes Dr. Wright’s opinion more valuable than most. So if we take these statin drugs in an effort to reduce heart attacks and prolong life then we need to look at how well they are working. Dr Wright states that he “found no benefit in people over the age of 65.” He found “no benefit for women of any age.”

Brooks
cjbrooksjc

statin drugs

Postby gotts1936 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:53 pm

Hi Brooks, Thanks for the info. I tried to access Dr. Wrights article on the web to varify Andypotts post, but had no success until I went to Business Week and searched their archives. I plugged in the date of the article, January 17, 2008 and was able to download the complete article.

Thanks again,
Gotts
gotts1936

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs