Blood type susceptibilities?

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

Blood type susceptibilities?

Postby Brian C. » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:29 am

I thought it time I explored Dr D'Adamo's theory about blood type & diet/lifestyle so I bought a copy of his Blood Type B Food, Beverage & Supplement List. When I looked at the back of the booklet I saw the particular risks for my blood type were:

Type 1 Diabetes (nope), Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (yup!), Autoimmune Diseases, Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS), Lupus and Multiple Sclerosis.

I wonder if there may be a correlation between our Blood Type and our individual reaction to statin poisoning?

Brian.
Brian C.

statin drugs

Postby gotts1936 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:57 am

Brian, I agree. After reading the chapter on glyconutrients in Dr. Graveline's latest book and in particular the differences in blood types on pages 94 & 95 and having just finished reading Dr. D'Adamo information on blood type O I could feel a connection.

Gotts
gotts1936

statin drugs

Postby gotts1936 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:29 pm

Brian, let me bring up another point in regard to Dr. D'Adamo's information on lifestyle and blood types. I am a blood type O individual. Dr. D'Adamo says that blood type O , carrys the genetic imprint of the very first humans, the Cro-Magnon hunter-gatherers. Type O enabled my ancestors to survive and thrive on a high-protein, meat-based diet.

At 72 years old, Until I started to take Lovastatin, I had no problems. I could work all day. About four weeks, after starting Lovastatin, my leg pain was almost unbearable, But because I had minor knee surgery my GP said I was favoring my the surgery and that was why I was having muscle pain. Well, eight months later, my GP decided that I might be having a statin drug side effect. Of course, by than, my leg muscles were damaged and I have been in pain, now, about three years.

I believe any blood type O indivduals should never use a statin drug to lower their cholestrol levels. Also, for all of my life ,so far, I have been a very high red meat and meat protein eater. My last ultra-sound test on my cartoid arteries are normal. Strange, my leg muscles are destroyed, but my arteries are in great shepe. Figure it out. I can't.

Gotts
gotts1936

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs