Interesting site and article on symptom level intervention

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

Interesting site and article on symptom level intervention

Postby cjbrooksjc » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:44 pm

Another shot across the bow. A bit redundant for some of you but uncomplicated and interesting just the same.

**http://nutritionevolution.net/let-food-be-your-medicine-and-your-medicine-be-your-food-hippocrates-founder-of-modern-medicine/comment-page-1/#comment-115

Brooks
cjbrooksjc

Postby schatzi » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:07 pm

Very interesting website, easy reading and very true. Unfortunately it is too late for many of us who have fallen in the chemical intervention trap. We can always hope that the future brings positive progress.
schatzi

Postby cjbrooksjc » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:52 pm

schatzi: I find that as the site continues, we attract new and interested members who, being uninformed and eager for answers, simply read the first few entries or links (as I did). This one offers answers to those who need answers in plain language and encourages them to look further. That is the primary reason I post (or 'bump') these seemly redundant links. While many of us have been reading all this content for years and have acquired a general grasp of our problem, newbies are simply overwhelmed and need quick answers that are easy to understand. Perhaps they'll find encouragement or answer(s) here. Any additive commentary adds fuel to our fire and, as you noted, gives us "hope that the future brings positive progress". Knock wood. :)

Best,

Brooks
cjbrooksjc

Postby schatzi » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:44 am

Brooks,

Absolutely agree and appreciate the many links to information you and others have posted.

BTW, when you posted about the biopsy and having to wear the anti embolism hose (white) I really felt for you. I am wearing them now due to the weakening of the leg muscles and veins, which is very painful. Looks horrible and no fun in the summer heat, but a necessary evil due to the statin damage.

All the Best,
schatzi
schatzi

Postby cjbrooksjc » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:50 am

Schatzi: I am hose-less. I quit wearing them as soon as I was able, and the wound is almost completely healed. My follow-up is next week; we'll see what the results are then. Thanks for your concern.

Best,

Brooks
cjbrooksjc

statin drugs

Postby gotts1936 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:51 am

Hi Schatzi, does the special hose you are wearing for leg muscle pain provide a lot of comfort? Are you able do more chores around the house like mow the lawn, etc.? My problem is the pain in my legs becomes almost unbearable after about one hour of any type of a activity. ( walking or just standing for over five minutes )

Gotts
gotts1936

Postby schatzi » Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:51 pm

Hi Gotts;

I mostly have to wear the anti embolism hose for the swelling I experience from weak veins, and to prevent blood clots. I cannot be up very long without them. The muscle pain is also incredible, wearing the hose I last about an hour to an hour and a half doing housework or gardening. I gave up mowing lawn this year, it's just too much of a chore. I have to rest often and elevate my legs.

I have Deep Vein Thrombosis in both legs, never had problems until statins; and then it took me a long time to realize what was actually happening.

Overall I would say the hose definitely help.

All the Best,

schatzi
schatzi

Postby sylviak » Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:49 pm

An interesting site worth visiting:

*http://search.medscape.com/medscape-search?newSearch=1&queryText=statin+
sylviak

Postby sylviak » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:27 am

Here is a great link ,which contains insights ,comments and unpublished papers that the medical journals and media do not wish to publish.
It also contains a lot of materials about statins and various subjects by scientists and doctors.
*http://www.thincs.org/*
sylviak

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs