small victories

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

small victories

Postby David Staup » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:19 pm

About 2 months ago I signed up to get help from some fine people from a local church to clear brush from my property, a task I had been struggling with for weeks after several fires came close. For three hours 12 fine people completed that task and saved me from months agony...towards the end of the three hours one of the men virtually collapsed whith symptoms we would all recognise! I spent about 30 minutes with him just sitting and talking to him about his symptoms, physical, mental, and emotional...none of which his doctors had been able to explain. I gave him one of my handouts and the list of suppliments and kept in touch for the last months through email and every sunday at church while he educated his cardiologist and new primary care physician.... I recieved the following email from him today and wanted to share:

Dave,
Went in and seen my primary. He was glad I was off my statins. He said I was having a reation to them. He wants
to see how I am doing in August. I was relieved. He spoke with my cardiologist. I was scared to death about how the visit would go. I was visiting about the heart and other matters. He is trying to get me off other meds. He agrees with you that I may not need to be on a statin as that how bad I have been in my health. He says the other doctor totally missed it. He says He even did not make any connections until he sat in looked deeper at my case. thank you. David. Sorry I Missed you at church yesterday I over did it Saturday and did not get out of bed until 1030. However I am bouncing back a little quicker it seems. I just keep taking those supplements and he has told me to limit my exercise to entervials of 15 minutes at max in morn. as tolerated. and maybe in the evening if possible. He says it is a building process. It will take time. will talk later. But I over did it on Saturday. I have paid for it. Thanks again David

I am going to set up an appt. with this doctor for myself!!!

Davis
David Staup

Postby cjbrooksjc » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:03 pm

Great news, David. One at a time, like rain drops begin a river.

Best,

John
cjbrooksjc

Postby Allen1 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:44 am

That's excellent David,

I hope your friend recovers from the symptoms he already has and that he has managed to stop any other problems before they start. It is really good to see that his doctors are also able to see what has caused the problems and that they are now aware of what statins can do to people and to actually believe it instead of the usual reaction that we all know about.

Great job David, the real shame is that he like the rest of us, has been let down by the systems that are supposed to take care of our health.

All the best,
Allen ;-)
Allen1

Postby Cat Mom2 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:40 am

GREAT job! Another one warned and listened and was helped. More and more attitudes are changing and one day, there will be more saying a flat out "NO!" to these horriable drugs than who takes them. People are waking up and so are more doctors.
Cat Mom2

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs