Dosage Level

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

What dosage of Simvastatin did you take?

10mg (or less)
No votes
20mg
No votes
40mg
100%
80mg
No votes

Total votes : 1

Dosage Level

Postby Don2009 » Thu May 21, 2009 12:59 pm

Hello,

What dosage level of Simvastatin were you taking?

I was only taking 10mg, yet seem to have suffered very severe side effects. It's odd that people I know are taking 40mg and not having any side effects. Therefore, I wonder if it really is the simvastatin causing my symptoms or some other problem. It's really hard to know for sure.

Thanks.
Don
Don2009

Postby Allen1 » Thu May 21, 2009 1:43 pm

Hi there Don,

there is no hard and fast rule as to who will be adversely affected by statins. Some folk seem to have no noticeable problems with them, others take them for a long time with maybe just a few curious or unusual problems then bang all hell breaks loose, others take them for a very short time and have been seriously and sometimes permanently harmed.

I realise that you suffer from fatigue and brain fog, as someone who also had the same problems, reading a lot of posts can be very hard but it is worth it (even though you will probably have to read them several times to make them make sense).

The reading will eventually get easier and your brain will get a bit of exercise, although you will probably find that a sleep/snooze is necessary fairly often.

If you are not ready or able to wade through loads of previous posts at the moment (no insult intended) then by all means ask. It isn't easy to take in a lot of information at times once you have been damaged, some days are just a waste of time even trying but things will improve in time and a lot of the brain fog will ease.

I was on 10mg for many years with lots of problems that I couldn't explain. Later put on to 40mg and everything increased out of control, it was later that I found out about statin side effects but it seems that it was now too late to stop the damage.

All the best,
Allen.
Allen1

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs