There seems to be doubts about statins here in the UK :-)

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

There seems to be doubts about statins here in the UK :-)

Postby Allen1 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:25 am

I just came accross these, some good replies/comments left by other readers in the first two:-
*http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1160796/Statins-new-NHS-wonder-drug-cutting-cholesterol-But-sinister-effects.html

*http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/4974840/Wonder-drug-that-stole-my-memory.html

Although there may be some truth in the following links, you have to wonder why you get injections and wear support stockings after an operation to stop deep vein thrombosis etc, even if you are taking statins in the first place?
*http://news.scotsman.com/nhshealth/Statins-cut-risk-of-DVT.5147903.jp

*http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7971414.stm

Well 2 out of 4 I can live with :-)
Allen1

Postby Brian C. » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:05 am

Ah but new-found blessings have now been revealed...

*http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/8016006.stm

"The Mayo study also produced evidence that statins may protect men against erectile dysfunction. "

So it must be all in the mind then! :cry:

And so it goes......

White is black and black is white.
Night is day and day is night.
Hallelujah!

Brian.
Brian C.

Postby Allen1 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:36 pm

Good Lord Brian,

the stupidity of these researchers really do go past being moronic! Erectile Dysfunction is one of the well known problems that statins cause and they are reporting:-

"The Mayo study also produced evidence that statins may protect men against erectile dysfunction." and the second report says that statins reduces inflammation in cancer, mind you it isn't going to stop you from getting it though.

My thoughts on the subject are that someone is getting paid a lot of money to keep fooling the public and find new ways to keep sales alive. The real shame is that we were all originally foolish enough to believe that our doctors were wiser than we were and a lot of us towed that line till it was too late.

Well we are wiser now although too late, these researchers who are finding new benefits from this poison are sure to be digging a big hole for themselves as no-one in their right mind is going to employ them when the proverbial hits the fan.

I didn't know that being a MORON was a necessity qualification to become a researcher, or is that type of study report just made from conjecture and absolutely no research that has anything to do with the real world?

A lot of these studies are like fairy tales without an ending, everything is manipulated to suite the story tellers fantasies and as long as the story teller is getting paid, then the tale will continue.
Allen1

Postby Cat Mom2 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:22 pm

"The Mayo study also produced evidence that statins may protect men against erectile dysfunction. "

I spit my glass of tea all over my monitor when I read that.. OH MY GOSH!
Even I have noticed that one you see ED drugs being advertised on TV, statin advertisenments ALWAYS start a few days later. They have started agin here where I live.. The ED commercial and 2 days later the statin drug ones started.. hay, but now they are saying "ask you health care professional" instead of "ask your provider"
Cat Mom2

Postby Allen1 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:58 am

Hi there Cat Mom2,
although Erectile Dysfunction (ED) can be a medical problem, the most common cause is due to stress or worry and it can be a self fulfilling problem ie you worry it is going to happen again and that can and often does make it happen.

Apart from the stress problem, there are also times where illness plays a major roll in the cause, that is then followed by worrying if it is going to happen again when the illness has gone, and that worry continues to keep the problem going.

Statins as we know makes your body and even your mind go through some nasty changes, apart from anything else, if you feel like death warmed up due to side effects, you are not always going to feel like a horny sex God or Goddess and so the problem starts. I don't know about all the chemical effects from statins or what the depletion of the bodies ability to produce normal amounts of testosterone and oestrogen etc will do, but it is bound to have a major effect on a lot of peoples sex drive and that is just using common sense.

I would have to say that the people who wrote the report/study should be fired and hold their heads in shame, as to the clowns who advertise statins, well just remember that those are probably the only acting job they could get (and after statin advertising that will probably be the only job they will get!) :shock:
Allen1

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs