A must read posted on Dr. Mercola's website

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

A must read posted on Dr. Mercola's website

Postby valgators » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:25 pm

Dr. Mercola has written an article entitled " Harvard Medical Students Rebel Against Big Pharma Ties". He reports that medical students are beginning to revolt against the undue pressures of Big Pharma. Especially noted were the cholesterol drug companies. In 2008 it states Big Pharma paid out 11.5 million dollars to Harvard for research and continuing education!

I'm guess I'm dense, but I had not even thought about Big Pharma hitting from that angle. Silly me!

This is an excellent article. Just go to Mercola.com

Best to all,
Valgators
valgators

Postby Brian C. » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:59 am

Medical school is where the grooming starts.
The more prestigious the school the more assiduous the grooming.

Brian.
Brian C.

Postby Cat Mom2 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:47 am

The one thing I have noticed is that just about EVERYONE in the medical community has been sold on these statins and will defend them to the end. They are sold such a sell job on them and it HAS to begin somewhere.. Get them while they are learning in med school and you are creating a market for a long time.

It is TIME they they stand up against those who PROFIT. Maybe this new generation are not going to be so easily led around by the nose as the others are now.

I can't wait for the day the doctors realize what fools big pharma has made of them!
Cat Mom2

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs