NICE statin guidelines disputed by UK GP

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

NICE statin guidelines disputed by UK GP

Postby Ray Holder » Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:52 pm

You may like to see a recent posting by a UK GP on the BMJ website, it is well researched and gives his opinion of the assumed mathematicl figures which are bandied about in cholesterol interested circles

The website is *http://www.bmj.com/cgi/eletters/338/apr07_1/b1457#211891

It would be nice if there were a few more of them.

By the way, I believe that the Tonight ITV programme is looking for more statin damaged patients for a follow on program in the near future.

Ray
Ray Holder

Postby cjbrooksjc » Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:22 pm

Thanks for the post, Ray. Good to know there are some professionals who can see through the veil. It is; I'm afraid, another voice in the wilderness... and sounding such a familiar call too.
NICE and the FDA will likely be unable to hear it as the cacophony of their own voices seems so melodious to them:

"... They ring like bells
and want but hanging!"

Best,

Brooks
cjbrooksjc

Postby Allen1 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:11 am

Nice post Ray,

it's good to see another doctor using his mind and not blindly marching along with the stupidity that NICE or even the FDA have managed to come out with. I am hoping that with financial problems that are now upon us all, that more health authorities will be looking at where they can safely make cut backs, Statins have surely got to be at the top of anyones list.
Allen1

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs