Lescol XL

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

Lescol XL

Postby Bianca » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:06 am

I am being weaned onto Lescol XL. I was previously on Crestor and was allowed to go off it a month ago to see if it was causing my pain and anxiety attacks (see my other posts). I have only been on it a week and I am having different symptoms. This time I have the following recount of what happened: Third day on Lescol 80mg. Dosage every other day . One tab taken last on Sun 3/29. Awake 1.37 am. Racing heart. Rate then going bet 68 and 84. (on Crestor I was between 120-180 then down to 80)Shivering. Severe pain biceps and thighs. Took addt'l half xanax. Heavy chest. Gritting teeth to bear pain and cold. Neck pain. 2am shivering getting worse. Bicep pain worse. Heart dropping to 68 and then 66. Have to stay sitting up. Gas and burning in pectorals. Rate 67 at 2:16. Starving with empty pit stomach. Rate 66. Had to urinate 3x during this process. Rate now 64. Shivering again. 232 am ,finally done by 3am. Once again I am debilitated. Hellllp.
Bianca

Postby uncle2blade » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:55 pm

Bianca, What do you mean you were allowed to go off Crestor. I have taken control of my health decisions, I do this by finding out all I can about Drs I see, and drugs I take. Then if I have problems at least I know I tried to be a responsible patient.
There is a lot of information at this forum. People just like you and I who have been damaged by statins. I took Crestor and have a lot of the symptoms you have. I will never take a cholesterol lowering med. again. Today I know a lot more about my cardio health. I've studied everything I can get my hands on to keep up on the best way to care for myself.
You found this forum, You now have the power to heal.

You are now in my prayers, Best to you, Craig
uncle2blade

Thanks

Postby Bianca » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:41 pm

It gets so hard. I have a narrowed carotid artery and both my parents died of heart attacks so that is why the docs are on me. I am in good health except when on a statin.
Bianca

Postby Allen1 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:54 am

Hi there Bianca,

hasn't your doctor offered surgical treatment for your narrowed carotid artery?
You and the doctor are aware of the harm that statins are doing to you and merely swapping one for another is having drastic consequences to your health, all the ups and downs with your heart rate will eventually make the situation a lot worse. Life is bad enough without suffering from the effects that stains are having on you.

Please Google "narrowed carotid artery treatment" although every surgical procedure has risks, I would really go for the surgical option rather than poisoning myself and living a life of misery from the side effects of something that may be ineffective for the intended purpose in the first place. You really do need to see a doctor and discuss your options and explain what horrible side effects statins are causing you, the side effects are not likely to get better so please don't put up with them.

Sorry the above sounds so grim, you shouldn't have to put up with all of the side effect that you have, there is no excuse for you being put on to another statin with the problems you have already had.

All the best,
Allen.
Allen1

Postby Brian C. » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:32 am

In a perfect World (ha ha!) there would be a legal requirement for Due Diligence by doctors as there is for lawyers.

Brian.
Brian C.

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs