Knee Pain Instability Long Term

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

Knee Pain Instability Long Term

Postby paulbarton » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:12 pm

Hi I have had 10 years plus with knee pain and joint instability I don't seem to be able to do anything to reduce the pain. Can anyone explain:
1. what is causing the pain - what mechanism is at work
2. what can i do to reduce the pain and if possible repair some of the damage

I'm afraid for my future mobility.
Warm Regards Paul BArton
paulbarton

Postby Allen1 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:56 pm

Hi there Paul and welcome to the forum.

You haven't given enough information about your condition and was it 10 years on Zocor (Simvastatin) and was the pain there for most of that time etc. The pain and type differ for a lot of people ie muscular or inflamed joints or actual nerve damage, the problems with my knees was the lower leg would sometimes travel too far forwards when walking, as in passing the point in which it should have stopped, that caused quite a few stability and pain problems.

The amount of muscular, joint, tendon and nerve combinations that people have suffered is large and for SOME the problems will ease off and eventually fade away after cessation of the statins although that may take a couple of years. Other people will continue to suffer on a permanent basis after cessation, although there are good days as well as bad ones, most of the original problems will ease a little as time goes by.

There are some great guys here, but to give you an answer of any merit, you will have to give a bit more information ok. A lot of people do recover from this poison and the rest of us do what we can to try.

All the best,
Allen.
Allen1

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs