electrolytes, kidney function, and dehydration

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

electrolytes, kidney function, and dehydration

Postby David Staup » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:31 am

I have not posted here for some time but have recently found a change in diet and liquid intake that has helped me tremendously. At the beginning of the year I realized that the dehydration caused by the rhabdomyolysis might be causing me to loose electrolytes. I started to drink a lot of gatorade and eat two bananas each day and the results have been remarkable. My kidney pains are almost nonexistant except after I perform some physical task that is too much and my bowel movements which had been infrequent (only every 5 to 7 days) are now regularly once per day. My liquid requirements are still high (100 - 150 oz) depending on my activity level and my urine is usually dark but only rarely cloudy (only after overdoing something physical ) but the extra electrolytes seem to help clear my system much more rapidly.
David Staup

Postby cjbrooksjc » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:12 am

David: Yes. To stay hydrated, I have been using Pedialite, a baby formula additive full of electrolytes to add to my juice drinks. It works.

Brooks
cjbrooksjc

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs