Stem Cells to the rescue?

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

Stem Cells to the rescue?

Postby epfleger » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:07 am

Hi All:

I have been doing a fair amount of research in my quest to resolve my statin damage. I have concluded that my condition likely involves mitochondria mutation or dysfunction, and I have been looking for other avenues to pursue to help rejuvenate my cells. My search has taken some interesting turns, but lately I have been intrigued over the concept of stem cell therapy.

While certainly in its infancy, stem cell therapy holds great promise for a wide array of conditions. An excellent stem cell resource can be found at *www.stemcellpioneers.com.

As with anything, there is great potential to do more harm than good, but I get the sense that the science is advancing fairly quickly. For my own part, I am speaking Dr. Grekos of Naples Florida to discuss stem cell options for my condition. Dr. Grekos is a cardiologist who runs a stem cell clinic for treatment of heart and lung problems. Not sure if he's the right man to discuss these issues, but it is a start. I will keep this forum posted.

Please note, here in the States, stem cell therapy is still "illegal" in a sense, and therefore most doctors will do consultation and lab work here in the US, but the actual stem cell therapy must take place offshore. It seems there are quite a few clinics in Central and South America that perform the therapy at the direction of US docs. I also point out that, for the most part, stem cell therapy is unproven and very expensive.

This could be a huge red herring, but what the heck. At least it will keep my mind occupied for a few months while I chase this down.

Ed
epfleger

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs