Chronically Fogged Out - Poll

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

Chronically Fogged Out - Poll

Postby epfleger » Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:34 pm

I'm trying to get a sense of who else is suffering from chronic brain fog.

I have it most of the time and when I don't have it I can't figure out why.

It's been over a year since I stopped lipitor and I'm just so exhausted from being upset over my condition. This really sucks.

Ed
epfleger

Postby Allen1 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:28 pm

Hi there Ed,

I am still having a fair bit of trouble in the brain fog department, mainly if I have had a bad nights sleep or if I try to do a little too much (that isn't a lot either). It is 2 whole years since I stopped Zocor (Simvastatin) and it took a good 20 months to be able to think straight for short spells, but as I say if I overdo anything then the fog returns although not as bad as it was when I first stopped the statins.

I still have a lot of bother with fatigue and weakness in my arms plus a lot of tendons in my arms and legs clicking or crunching when I stretch them etc (it doesn't generally hurt though). To be honest, I think this is as good as it is going to get for me, with the problems that we have faced after this poison is it any wonder we end up frustrated and depressed.

Take care Ed, you've come this far and managed to keep your spirits up, things like why we keep getting brain fog and then a few days of half decent thinking are something that we haven't figured out just yet, but taking supplements seem to help in a lot of areas.

All the best,
Allen :-)
Allen1

Postby Biologist » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:22 pm

I can identify with both posts real well.

Allen, I bet sometimes (maybe most of the time) one of your ankles clicks with every step and then sometimes quits doing it for a day or so (or you just quit noticing it)? For me it is my left ankle.

I was on Zocor for six years.

My first injury that I now attribute to Zocor was doing curls in the weight room and pulling a tendon a bit at moderate weights. What surprised me at the time was how long it took to get well -- many weeks or months. Also, I could never gain any muscle mass over that time no matter what I did. I could get stronger, like doing 20 dips in good form after some weeks at it, but could not gain mass. I now understand that both issues were from Zocor -- the muscle just rebuilt at a snails pace after workouts at the time, and did not get larger (but some stronger). I also suspect that this is common and just not reported as would have been the case in my case had I not had an acute episode in November of 2006.

The tiny bones in my left wrist make the clicking noises like someone popping their knuckles. When I twist it, they go off in tandem like they are syncronized -- about three or four click click click clicks at a time. Sometimes much more noticable than other times.

Towards the end of a book I read, which was:

*http://www.amazon.com/Fluoride-Deception-Christopher-Bryson/dp/1583227008/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/175-0030515-8180160?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1237088866&sr=8-1

... a guy's teenage daughter complains of her ankles clicking after being exposed to fluoride from nearby industry for months. Apparently it is "classic" for the posioning. I knew exactly what she was taking about and read the sentence several times to think it over. Must be the same thing. The specific anatomy involved is the same and the physiology of pathology is no doubt similar, but probably identical. What was discussed near that section was the damage fluoride does to enzymes and the weaking of the ligaments attaching to bone. Statins do the same.

Whether it will improve or not over time is a real question for me.

I also have the brain fog thing that is worse at some times than others. Heavy thinking at work can get me needing to lay down for at lease 20 minutes before getting back to work -- that can happen five times a day when I am doing serious calculating. My guess is that it is driven by a lack of cellular energy -- mitochondrial probably. And yes, the day after physical exertion, which is nothing to speak of, I also am fatigued and mentally too.

Statins are a very dangerous fraud (just like fluoridation, but worse). They do no good. And they cause much harm in many ways and to all who take them to one degree or another. And, instead of things that we know do work to improve health and quality of life, our doctors are messing around with this nonsense. Really is incredible, and sad.

Biologist
Biologist

Postby Brian C. » Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:42 am

We may fantasize about "the day of reckoning" re Pfizer et al but it just isn't going to happen. All we can do is lead lives of quiet dissent since anything "noisy" becomes of interest to security agencies whose brief is to monitor and disrupt (often by sabotage from within) all forms of active dissidence.

Medically this implies relying less on doctors - who are hopelessly embedded in a social matrix dominated by powerful and selfish interests which cynically exploit group psychology - and relying more on our own resources.

Brian.
Brian C.

Postby Allen1 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:41 am

Hi there Biologist,

I also find that it is my left ankle and foot that most of the problems occur, the big knuckle of my big toe also does not feel like it is working right as I often find that I am rotating/moving my whole left foot to try and settle it. The sensations are worse when I go to bed as that is when the noise is most apparent, in reality this is going on all over, even on the top of my hands and wrists and shoulders although not as bad or as common as the foot.

What you said below is also true for the back of my hands and the foot, I would have hoped that taking cod liver oil would have helped but it still happens.

[quote]The tiny bones in my left wrist make the clicking noises like someone popping their knuckles. When I twist it, they go off in tandem like they are syncronized -- about three or four click click click clicks at a time. Sometimes much more noticable than other times. [/quote]

All the best,
Allen :-)
Allen1

Postby harley2ride » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:01 pm

My brain fog is helter skelter. It changes like the weather.. Somedays I struggle to find words and type correctly. Other days I'm pretty good..
harley2ride

statin drugs

Postby gotts1936 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:36 pm

I feel sorry for those whose mental capacity has been effected. Fortunately, for me the only problems I have are from the waist down. I hope you all will recover from any incapacity you may have.
Gotts
gotts1936

Postby Geebee » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:50 am

Hi, I came off statins around 2 years ago and suffered brain fog varying from mild to extreme constantly up until I started on Prednisolone.
The fog was like someone decreased my IQ by 50% or more, also had the issue with losing words when speaking, being in the middle of a job and forgetting what I had done and no short term memory.
You are right about it sucking!

Since being on the steroid my IQ seems to have jumped back close to normal and the longer I am on it the closer it seems to be getting back to completely normal. The worry for me is if I can continue to tolerate the Prednisolone as when I try to decrease the dose all the old symptoms come back within days and at full force.
Geebee

Postby cjbrooksjc » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:22 pm

Ed: I still have it, but it seems to most effect my short term memory and vocab recall. My logic, though somewhat impaired, is still pretty good. I used to go to the store without a list to pick up six or seven things and would remember what I was to buy - NO LONGER. I'm lucky if I remember one or two things. Tell that to a Dr. and they will tell you its to be expected as we age... BULL!
cjbrooksjc

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs