FDA Warning

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

FDA Warning

Postby epfleger » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:07 pm

I saw this FDA warning regarding the heartburn drug Reglan.

*http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,501770,00.html

With the scores of statin-damaged souls, why on earth can't we get the FDA to do the same for us?

It could be that our symptoms/problems are deemed too non-specific to merit FDA attention. Maybe we should take our queue from the FDA investigation into Reglan to see how we might better establish our statin injuries, and maybe (just maybe) get the FDA to give us some much-needed warnings for statins. I am looking into the FDA filings on Reglan and will post my findings.

I find it curious that the drug Reglan is far less prescribed than statins, yet the FDA took the time to review Reglan and issue a warning. Perhaps then, with statins, the lack of FDA response is more nefarious. Let's face it: statins generate billions of $$$, and such a dire warning could destroy the industry. Can you imagine the lawsuits that would folow? As an attorney, I certainly can - to be finally vindicated for the reality that I am not the same man I was prior to statins. So why no response from the FDA? It's not like a goverment agency can't be corrupted, or at least manipulated. My guess is as soon these drugs go off patent, all of these adverse findings will be magically appear before the FDA to wipe out the generics to make way for big pharma's next disaster.

Do I sound a little angry? I am.

-Ed
epfleger

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs