ignore your plea for help

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

ignore your plea for help

Postby telxpert » Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:52 pm

I will try to make my point short and maybe simple. Late 2004 my doctor gave me a drug called VYTORIN 10/20 AND SAID TO ME THAT THIS IS A MIRACLE DRUG THAT CAN SOLVE high blood pressure and cholesterol. I took this drug for five months and complaining of all side effects to the doctor. At this time, I have no idea that these are side effects from VYTORIN. The doctor did not listen to my clear complaints and continue administering the drug. My suffering from the adverse side effect becomes unwavering and I start researching in the internet about VYTORIN AND STATIN DRUGS. I am in outrage to find out and been complaining to my doctor are adverse side effects. Confronted my doctor about my discovery and he become very argumentive, unbalance with suggestion that do not believe what you read in internet. When I left his office, I read the insert warning that came with VYTORIN about this drug. Also called my pharmacist to ask question about what am going thru and the pharmacist said that I should stop taking this drug immediately. My adverse reaction finally showing on my legs and eyes when I have hematoma on both legs and my eyes dried up so bad and irritated, inflamed and all the effects that am complaining about like acute mulches pain. I see another doctor that gave me a blood test and my CPK are elevated to abnormal range.

The doctor that gave this miracle drug called VYTORIN refuse to see me when he finds out the report. I have to see another doctor that acted the same way when I said to him that I am seeing him for help about adverse side effect of statin drug. My experience became so ugly that new and old doctors that I try to get help are all acting very hostile, argumentative, and making me sound like crazy. All eight doctors that I try to get help will argue with me and suggest indirectly or made the impression that do not come back attitude. One of my doctor that I am seeing for six years drop me with no explanation or reason why. Now this is turning scary that all doctors are acting weird and treating me off limits.

On 1/4/09, I felt that am having a heart attack with chest pain after my walking excises and went to emergency hospital. The emergency doctor said that I have a small heart attack and four day later a cardiologist-inserted angioplasty on one of my vien. When admitted in this hospital I printed what kind of drugs am taking and also what I am allergic. Before going to this hospital, I input on my computer all this drugs that am taking so that printed words can be read easily. I said that I am allergic on statin drugs and guest what; the doctor gave LIPITOR without my consent. Now I am suffering from that side effects and my problems or relations with doctors are all going soar.

I also go to pain management for the past six years and the PA (practicing assistant) told me that I have rahbdomayologist on my legs. When I visit my cardiologist and mention to him that my pain management says and with-in two days after that my pain management releases me with no explanation, reason or any communication why.

The way I understand is this, when you go for a doctor visit the doctor ask you what is wrong or you offer it voluntary to get help or for him to know what is going on. How can I do this without sending an alarm that the doctor become offensive, discremenate, or lie and worst that you will not receive the help I need?
There is no argument that these drugs do work very well at lowering your cholesterol levels. However, they in no way, shape or form, treat the cause of your problem. They are nothing more than a potentially toxic band-aid.

How matter I look at my situation that when a doctors make a mistake all doctors will not help and ignore your plea for help. In my opinion that they are guilty of illegal abandonment and do not care by placing my life at risk. The doctors know that nobody will help me or afford to hire my own army of legal team to be heard. Just for asking if, I reported this to proper authorities here in NEVADA and FEDERAL agency, the answer is yes, yes without any answers or help.
telxpert

Postby Cat Mom2 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:43 pm

If you don't follow their standard coarse of treatment, they are lost as to what to do with you. All they have is "plan A", there is no "plan B or C" for them. The will never admit THEY gave you a drug that could do so much harm or that they have been mislead by big pharma AGAIN!

As for treating what the statins did to you, most of them are cluless anyway and you sure can't treat a condition that will will never admit has happened. That is pretty much all of our delima so it is places like this that we have to turn to to get help and the DOCTORS DON'T LIKE IT! I had one doctor read me the riot act about the internet and all the crazies out here in cyber space and how you can't believe what you read out here, and I just sat there so amused at his attitude (and he could tell I was AMUSED!) Ha! I knew more than he did about statin drugs and their side effects and it SHOWED! Educating yourself is the key and then talking about your experience to anyone and everyone who will listen. Learn all you can, a good place to start is right here.. read all you can, then reread it. Post your own story anywhere you can on the internet. Report your side effects to the FDA.

(Remove the * in these addresses)
List your effects here..*http://www.medications.com/drugs

and here...*http://www.askapatient.com/rateyourmedicine.htm

and here...*http://www.gopetition.com/online/11757.html

POST! POST! POST and TALK! TALK! TALK! You will be surprised how many people are suffering and have no idea why.. In telling my story over and over, I run into SO many who are suffering and didn't know what was wrong with them. Just in the last 6 months I have talked to 2 that were having serious problems and I just asked them to try 1 to 2 months off of the drug and see what happens. Immediate improvement and I doubt they will ever take another.. One had the TGA and it scared the daylights out of him. I had been invited to Atlanta by a family member to speak to that man, turn out he was having a lot more problems than TGA that he had hid from his family. The other person also lives long distance from me and I just talked to him tonight and he said he feels so much better that he can't believe it. So TALK! TALK! TALK!

If you are signed up on any other forums on the internet, tell your story there. We WILL have the last laugh one day, in the meantime, spreading the word is all we can do and try to help as many as we can and learn all you can on the subject. I have been off going on into my 3rd year and I am still learning more every day.
Cat Mom2

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs