I despair...

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

I despair...

Postby Brian C. » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:57 am

This was the big front page story that greeted me in our newspaper this morning, it made me feel quite ill...

*http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/4573728/Millions-of-statins-will-go-to-low-risk-over-40s.html

I urge all UK spacedoc visitors to acquaint - or reacquaint - themselves with the contents of Jeff (xrn) Cable's website at...

*www.talkingstatins.com

Brian.
Brian C.

Postby peter s » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:23 am

Smoking does not cause cancer. Mercury fillings do not leak. Vaccines cannot possibly cause autism (this one strikes very close to home). We have been served very well by our medical establishments.
peter s

Postby Cat Mom2 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:35 pm

That was on our local news last night... another jaw dropping moment...
Cat Mom2

Postby Allen1 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:01 am

Hi there Brian,

I just read that article from your link with great disbelief at what I read, NO one and I mean NO one can be that stupid as to want to interfere with so many peoples bodies manufacturing mechanisms and claim that it is a good thing. The people who are making these recommendations should be sacked, if they were not being paid BIG MONEY for those recommendations, then stupidity has hit a whole different level.

There are too many people having problems with this rubbish without putting healthy people at risk for no reason whatsoever, personally as I say I would sack the lot of them as they are complete imbeciles who are in a position of trust but who just see what they want to see or are they just so happy to get paid so much for giving a false outlook at the benefits statins do?

It truly is amazing what you can buy for money or get someone who is too stupid to know any better to say, doesn't it give you a warm feeling to know that your health is safe and sound in these peoples hands :shock:

Good lord We are DOOMED!
Allen1

Postby Brian C. » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:27 am

As far as I'm concerned our society is broken beyond repair. We must just turn around and walk away from what it offers us and refuse to be mere consumers any more. Attempt to be as self-sufficient as is practical and cultivate our support networks.

And continue to educate ourselves so that we are "wise as serpents, gentle as doves".

There is a radical transformation beginning, we must be prepared to let go our material aspirations and be happy to survive with our loved ones.

Sorry if this sounds a bit preachy or weird but it is my considered conclusion.

Brian.
Brian C.

Postby peter s » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:04 pm

There are times it seems most members of the medical profession are just trained robots whose words and deeds are entirely scripted (no pun intended) and predictable. I hate it when I find myself viewing human beings that way.
peter s

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs