CFS Information International

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

CFS Information International

Postby Brian C. » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:00 pm

Since many of us display most, if not all, the symptoms associated with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) the following site by Doctor Anderson may be of interest. Dr Anderson has tried to keep pace with the research but reports that "it is no longer possible for one person to keep up with the speed of information being published and at the same time organize the information into relevant topics". She will therefore be closing the site at the end of next month (31st March) so catch it while you cam at

*http://www.cfids-cab.org/cfs-inform/index.html

This should be read in conjunction with Dr Myhill's information at

*http://www.drmyhill.co.uk/article.cfm?id=381

which I pointed to in another thread.

Brian.
Brian C.

Postby peter s » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:20 am

Here is a link to a quite remarkable site about CFS. Countless hours of research and work have gone into it. Use the links on the left side of the page to navigate.

*http://www.health-spy.com/index.html
peter s

Postby Brian C. » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:41 am

I think the thing we are missing out on is detoxification. Drugs lodge in tissue and bone and are the very devil to get rid of. This was explained to me as the reason so many drug addicts relapse after their time at The Priory.

My ex-drug addict friend and Dr Myhill both mention the use of Far Infra Red to penetrate deep into the tissues and force out toxins in perspiration.

That, allied with herbal detoxifiers, could be the way forward for us once we have our supplements and diet in place.

Plus maybe treatment at the hands of an "energy therapist", like one of our number here (Susie?) has had with a "Quantum Touch" practitioner with good results reported.

Fight back on all fronts!

Brian.
Brian C.

Postby peter s » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:22 pm

I personally find it very challenging and frustrating to navigate through the seemingly endless number of modalities, and approaches, and tests, and theories, and supplements, and so forth. There are times I think the best medicines are probably exercise (if one can) and meditation, and that the rest is largely wishful thinking.
peter s

Postby Brian C. » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:40 am

Yes, I have found it tiresome too - and also worrying to become dependent on anything outside my control, e.g. supplies of supplements. It's scary to think how I would be if for some reason I was unable to import Keneka CoQ10 anymore.

That's why I want to give this Domencic Method lark a go. If it works then "Yippee!", if not then I carry on as before with the same old same old.

I'm sick of being just a consumer.

Brian.
Brian C.

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs