Noobie, but been lurking for years, poosible fix.

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

Noobie, but been lurking for years, poosible fix.

Postby Geebee » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:13 pm

I was on 80mg of Zocor for several years, yes it got my colesterol down (diet barely altered my level).
But I would prefer to die earlier (there are other options ie. Ezertrol) than end up barely functional for years, fatigue, memory lose, pain in hands and feet, barely able to stand on bad days due to weakness, had trouble walking, and a dry cough.
Coming off Statins would show an improvement upto to the above level and that is where it left me for years, any dose level of any brand made the symptoms worse.

In my case there was a magic bullet that was found by accident Prednisolone, in a matter of days I became my old self, I have managed to lower the dose to 15 mg a day, I am better on a slightly higher dose but I am trying to avoid the side effects of this drug and playing around with supplements to try and get the Prednilone lower still.
I am even back cycling again, I dont know if I will regain my previous fitness level but it is great to be living again.

Cheers
Geebee

Postby Allen1 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:12 pm

Hi there Geebee,

its good to hear from anyone who has experienced the true effects that the wonder drug statin can cause and who has found a method that helps with the problems. There are some pretty good guys here who will have a better insight into Prednisolone and hopefully they will look into this further, I know that name sounds familiar but it is probably something that sounds similar that I am thinking of.

All the best and welcome to the forum,

Allen :)
Allen1

Postby cjbrooksjc » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:14 pm

As I've said before: steroids (prednosilone is one) were the only thing that made me feel 'normal' again, but I resist the STRONG temptation to revisit that altar because steriods are often dangerous. Take a look at the following link **http://www.spacedoc.net/board/viewtopic.php?t=1411&highlight=steroids (drop the **). I'm glad you feel better, and I may join you if things don't improve soon. Just be aware of the downside of steroids.

Best,

Brooks
cjbrooksjc

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs