Musle pain and weakness

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

Musle pain and weakness

Postby bradadelaide45 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:44 pm

I am a male 45 years and used simivastin another statin for three and a half years. Over this time i had severe muscle pain at time, then about 4 months ago the muscle pain in my legs came on with a vengence. It started in both thighs then calfs got very tight sore ankles feet and eventually got in to my arms. A deep achey sort of a pain and an irritability that felt like a toxin in my inside elbows that makes me want to stretch all the time. I feel very weak compared to my former self. Itried many things to alleviaate the pain but nothing really took the pain away or even decreased it much. sometimes i would lay and groan in agony. I especially noticed that draghts and weather changes made me feel worse????. I stopped taking the simivastin 6 weeks ago. I have not had a lot of improvement but must admitt thet i have been trying to push my self over this and probably done more damage. My ck levels are normal but my liver enzyme is increased a little. I started also to take q10 and L- carnitine along with magnesium. I might be improving a little each day but nothing definate. I saw a rhumatologist who has no diagnosis and isnt to commital on wether the statin is to blame. He put me on celebrex which has finally given me some relief. Can anyone relate to the worsening of symtoms with cooler changes in wheather? and is there anything else i could do to hasten recovery? Thank you to all contributors on this board although it is the first time i have contributed this board has been a great help to me.
bradadelaide45

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs