Chronic Fatigue similarities to statin effects

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

Chronic Fatigue similarities to statin effects

Postby rkcannon » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:18 am

I've noticed similarities to chronic fatigue and statin damage to mitochondria or whatever is causing muscle pain and fatigue. An excellent approach to chronic fatigue is by Dr. Majid Ali in NY city area. He has several books on this but "The Canary and Chronic Fatigue" summarizes his approach. It is that energy enzymes are chronically damaged, resulting in fatigue. This can be caused by several things such as food intolerance, chemical sensitivity, heavy metals, missing nutrients, parasites and yeasts, psychological issues. These factors weaken the bodily systems until chronic fatigue sets in. The canary analogy is that certain people are succumbing to this and are warnings about our environment.

Dr. Russell Blaylock and others discuss the damage from excitotoxins such as MSG (free glutamic acid), aspartame, aluminum, fluoride, heavy metals etc that cause neuron degeration because of excessive stimulation.

Certain nutrient deficiencies are a key factor. Vit D, Magnesium and iodine are commonly deficient and are very important for energy and brain function. Lack of iodine can cause poor thyroid function but as with Vit D there are very many other important benefits. See donaldmiller.com - he is an MD heart surgeon professor with a very interesting website.

Statins inhibit CoQ10, a very important energy enzyme. Free radicals are a major cause of damage also, and need to be eliminated with antioxidants. Ali says limic exercise is needed but at low levels.

Gene expression is affected by these various nutrients also.

I think Dr Ali's approach holds much promise to reverse the damage from statins.
rkcannon

Chronic fatigue syndrome and mitochondrial dysfunction

Postby rkcannon » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:39 pm

Looks like mitochondrial dysfunction is at the heart of chronic fatigue, and probably any other fatigue issue.

*http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=2680051

Dr Sarah Myhill in England is making great headway in this area.

*http://www.drmyhill.co.uk

I think statins dramatically accelerate this damage in those already started down that path.
rkcannon

Postby Brian C. » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:06 am

All I can say is.....YES!!!

Brian.
Brian C.

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs