Zetia

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

Zetia

Postby L6675 » Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:54 am

I have been taking Zetia for about four months, but every time I have more than two beers I wake up feeling like I'm coming down with a cold and with a flu like headache. I'm 56 years old and I know what a hangover feels, and this not a hangover type of thing. I wondering if anybody else have had the same side affects from Zetia or is just me.
L6675

zitia

Postby Nanmurph@my180.net » Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:32 pm

I quite crestor a year ago after taking it three months and have extreme muscle pain in the left calf. When I told my doctor I quit, he insisted I take Zitia, a "non statin." After three days the muscle pain and cramps increased. I quit (four months ago) and continue to have chronic pain in my calf and sleepless nights from leg pain. I am exasperated and still trying to figure out how to talk to my doctor. On medicare, I am stuck with this primary physician whose only answer was to pass me on to an orthopedic surgeon. He thought I might have spine problems. I've given up on medicine and I am grateful for a Dr. Graveline and all the information on the net. I am sure statins are the cause of my pain. nancy
Nanmurph@my180.net

leg pain and cramps

Postby Pastor Tara » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:19 pm

I have found relief from leg cramps at night from 1200mg of calcium before bed. It may or maynot help you - but after months of not being able to move at night without really massive leg cramps - I wouldn't be without the calcium.
Pastor Tara

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs