statin injuries and surgery

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

Postby Allen1 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:39 pm

Hi there Brian,

I also seen a far-infra-red radiation unit that looks like a medical scanner from star trek or something along those lines, it was on a site which also says it is good in the aid of many treatments. The one I looked at, you lie down and the unit fits over your torso or I would expect where ever you required it. There are several other FIR products also named on the first site I found when I googled "FIR treatment"

They do look and sound the business, but are probably out of our reach, it would be really nice to hear from some people who have tried them out to get a proper balanced view of their usefulness. A lot of years ago infra red lamp treatment was used by a neighbour for muscle pains in his shoulder, on short time periods that seemed to work to a degree so maybe the infra red at this wavelength could be just what we need :idea:

All the best

Allen B. Quyate :lol:
Allen1

Postby Brian C. » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:58 am

The ones I looked at were sit-in booths like one-person saunas.
The hypothesis is that the rays reach deep into the tissues (sub-cutaneous fat) and cause toxins to rise to the surface to be leached out in sweat. Don't know if it would help with stuff in the bones though.

Be as noisy as you like Allen :wink:

Brian.
Brian C.

Postby Allen1 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:06 pm

I think we need someone who uses one of these to help us out, the idea sounds very plausible and would be a godsend if it helped, and pretty handy as it is now winter here in the UK..

All the best,

Luke Warm :lol:
Allen1

Postby adec » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:25 pm

Realtime video of cellular response to pulsed near infrared
*http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALLXqWxWuwQ&feature=channel_page
adec

Postby Allen1 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:20 pm

Blimey adec,

I would never have thought about looking at YouTube, after I watched your video and pausing it a few times for the writing (obstacle and pulsing light etc), I did a search on "far infrared" and came up with :-

*http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=OkqfqmS9Sjg

That is a commercial for a brand of far infrared sauna and gives details of the benefits etc, there are also other videos that I haven't looked at yet, but I wouldn't have seen anything if I had not followed your link.:)

All the best,

Allen :)
Allen1

Postby Allen1 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:11 am

Hi there BSGfan,

I have just returned from hospital where I had my deviated septum sorted out under general anaesthetic, there were absolutely no unusual problems and everything went exactly as it should do (in yesterday - out today). I knew about the appointment a few weeks back but doubted if I would be ok due to having the Flu and then sore throats etc which is why I didn't mention it in case I had it cancelled like earlier on.

Hopefully your op for gall stones will be just as successful, I know it is a more invasive operation but you will be in the hands of experts who know what they are dealing with and you are also letting them know about your statin allergy (statins and wasp stings is what I put down for allergies).

Good luck with your op and as I mentioned before don't worry too much ok.

All the best,

Allen.
Allen1

Previous

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs