The Pharmaceutical Get Out of Jail Free Card

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

The Pharmaceutical Get Out of Jail Free Card

Postby Brian C. » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:18 am

*http://www.naturalnews.com/024481.html

Choice quote:

"The tenth amendment of our United States Constitution clearly mandates that powers not expressly given to the federal government are reserved to the sovereign states, including the proper legal handling of cases brought before the courts for restitution and justice. This fundamental provision has been challenged by the FDA's doctrine of preemption, a concept that uses Congress to write laws that give the federal government exclusive jurisdiction in an area, effectively nullifying the power of the state in that matter. The FDA's recent declarations in favor of drug company immunity from the law vividly illustrate the resultant abuses of such unconstitutional power."

Brian.
Brian C.

Postby Allen1 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:00 pm

Excellent find Brian :)

What I would like to know is who actually pays the FDA's wages? From what I can make out it has got to be the pharmaceutical industry. I can see no other reason for them do such a bad job of protecting the public and to give away the little protection that the public and other mortals have unless they were being paid to ensure that no-one can be held accountable for misleading and poisoning so many of their clients.

I wouldn't say that we have it much better in the UK, otherwise how do so few people control what the public over here are prescribed and with such determination at that.

All these agencies and systems want a serious looking into and quite a lot of sackings and even prosecutions are more than overdue.
Allen1

Postby Brian C. » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:50 am

It's a Federal agency that is kept grossly underfunded & understaffed, with the inevitable consequences.

Brian.
Brian C.

Postby Allen1 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:14 am

Although there is underfunding and it may be understaffed, the prime directive of this agency and other similar ones is to ensure that the public in this case consumes substances that are deemed safe for human consumption. They should never be allowed to make or change the law that would bypass ANY safety measures that would have protected the public from harm. Furthermore allowing companies to knowingly withhold crucial information especially when harm has been seen to be caused from their product should not be seen as grounds for giving that company the freedom to do as they please without any worries about prosecution.

Someone somewhere in the government and agencies has totally lost the plot :!:

And I though I was nuts :shock:
Allen1

Postby Brian C. » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:15 am

They haven't lost the plot, they are following the plot wittingly (at the top) or unwittingly (employees).

Brian.
Brian C.

Postby harley2ride » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:58 am

I would not say that the FDA is unwitting, nor that they don't get correct data. The chief doctor for the FDA, years ago, warned them and went before congress, about the dangers of statin drugs. Yet somehow, statins still got the go ahead..

There is a lot more going on with our FDA, than meets the eye...
harley2ride

Postby Brian C. » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:48 pm

They wanted to ban aspartame because their studies revealed bad things but were told not to from above.

It's those who are "above" who are the witting....and the criminals.

Hope the next administration will restore Constitutional government as a matter of urgency - and not block arrest and trial of those have trampled on your Bill of Rights and perverted the pursuit of Justice.

The whole World will be watching, hoping and praying.

Brian.
Brian C.

Postby cjbrooksjc » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:28 pm

The FDA is POSITIVELY funded by Pahrma. Had I seen this post before adding a new one recently, I could have saved us an unneeded entry. See: 'How FDA underfunding is hurting us'.

Brooks
cjbrooksjc

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs