Update since stopping my Simvastain

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

Update since stopping my Simvastain

Postby sdk1406 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:52 am

I just wanted to post an update since stopping my Simvastatin....in almost a month since stopping, my tongue pain has disappeared. My wrist pain is almost gone and I once again have strength to open jars. The nerve pain in my knee is still there somewhat, but not to the extent it was a month ago. A month ago I would just brush my fingers across my knee and it would aggravate the peroneal nerve. Now, I have to kneel or lean on it and the burning tingle starts. But from what I know about nerves, they may take a while to heal. I'm not 100% certain that ALL symptoms were caused by statins, but with noticing my increased improvement in a month, I don't think it was a coincidence.
sdk1406

Postby Allen1 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:06 pm

Hi there sdk1406,

that is really good news mate and in such a short time too. With a bit of luck and a little time the rest of the problems may disappear or reduce to only noticeable once in a while.

I really am pleased for you and it was good to hear something nice for change :D

All the very best in your recovery,

Allen :D
Allen1

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs