REFORM THE FDA

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

REFORM THE FDA

Postby cjbrooksjc » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:44 am

Please take a look at the petition on the following site and, if inclined, sign it. Our FDA is a failing institution, and we need to encourage congress toward reform.

** http://www.reformfda.org/

Best,

Brooks
cjbrooksjc

statin drugs

Postby gotts1936 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:09 am

Has anyone seen the latest FDA MedWatch dated Sept. 30, 2008 concerning the incidence of ALS and the use of statins.
" Use of statins does not increase incidence of ALS. Therefore, health care professionals should not change their prescribing practices for statins and patients should not change their use of statins. "

Once again another nail in the coffin!

Gotts
gotts1936

Postby Brian C. » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:39 am

A lie.

I have heard that neurologists in the Netherlands are deeply concerned and Jeff(xrn)'s WHO petition has thrown up 15 diagnosed cases of ALS in 550 respondents. Historically the incidence of the disease has been stable at approx 1 in 100,000.

I have learned to distrust everything on any important subject I read or hear from official sources. We are essentially living in a "constructed reality" that serves very (as in "VERY") powerful interests. Anybody attempting to speak Truth to Power faces ridicule, marginalisation and persecution through the media and relevant professional hierarchy. They face potential financial loss if not outright ruin. Sometimes something worse.

I sincerely wish I am exaggerating.

No wonder every published study involving statins contains the confession that they are effective and well-tolerated, no matter the findings.

Brian.
Brian C.

Postby Biologist » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:13 pm

I agree with Brian.

Biologist
Biologist

Postby Biologist » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:16 pm

"Money talks. Science walks."

Biologist
Biologist

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs