When your spouse doesn't believe you.............

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

When your spouse doesn't believe you.............

Postby jazzbird925 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:49 am

It's hard enough dealing with the muscle pain and resulting loss of range of motion and other statin side effects. But now, after dealing with this horror for more than 7 months, my husband claims that just because I say this is statin induced doesn't mean that it must be so. He's asked his cardiologist and his gastroenterologist about statins and since they claim that my problems are highly unlikely due to statins, that it must be something else. It's more than coincidental that I had no muscle pain until taking statins.........................
jazzbird925

Postby cjbrooksjc » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:09 am

JazzB: I think we all may share this problem to some degree. Even I get tired of hearing myself attribute ALL my aches and pains to Statin use, true or not. My suggestion would be to print off for him or have your husband read online the stories 'stickied' in the beginning of this forum topic - that collection shows something other than coincidence. There's an OLD adage relating to how many times you must hear something from disparate sources before you consider it TRUE:

If one person calls thee an ass, ignore it.

If two people call thee an ass, consider it.

If three people call thee an ass ... get thee a saddle.

I am not; of course, referring to you.

Best,

Brooks
cjbrooksjc

Postby Allen1 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:07 pm

Hi there jazzbird925,

just ask your husband to take a look at *http://www.askapatient.com/

Type in the name of your poison and see what others have to say about the effects that that particular medication has had on them. Most of the folk are experiencing the very same problems that we all are with statins and as with all of us, they also have doctors who DO NOT HAVE A CLUE ABOUT THESE SIDE EFFECTS.

Your husband must have been concerned about you to have asked his questions, it really is a shame that the people he asked were IGNORANT to the real effects that this prescribed Blunder Drug is having back in the real world.

One of the real problems with our symptoms is that a lot of what hurts today will probably be ok in a few days time but somewhere else will hurt or be weak and so on. There are so many combinations of weakness, pain and even mental impairment and fatigue that have only emerged since statin therapy started and that have been common amongst most folk who have been to sites like this one etc.

Until the professionals like the ones your husband asked get their heads out of the clouds and into some research on the subject, then anyone who asks them are always going to be misinformed, there really is NO excuse for ignorance when the information should be available to them to use.

All the best,

Allen.
Allen1

Postby harley2ride » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:03 pm

I feel your pain. I only just split with my GF of 1 1/2 years. The very first day that we met, I told her about my MD, and pointed her to my posts here... Today, I'm looking for a place to move, as she got pissy with me when I was laying down for most of a day with a fever and sick stomach (I also recently contracted west nile virus), and have been feeling like crap, off and on for 2 weeks.

I guess that I can only hope that someday she is the one who is sick, and that whoever she is with, is about as understanding as she was. Dejavue....
harley2ride

Postby Darrell » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:06 pm

My doctor of internal medicine dismissed my muscle symptoms once he saw I had normal CK levels. It was some time later that I learned that he had not read "Statin-Associated Myopathy with Normal Creatine Kinase Levels" in [drum roll, please] Annals of Internal Medicine (2002).

Q. What do they call the guy in medical school who graduates last in his class?
A. "Doctor"
Darrell

Postby adec » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:27 am

Jazzbird, if nothing else I would simply play this appearance with Dr. Beatrice Golomb on Dr. Ronald Hoffman's Wor 710 AM radio program. In my several years of searching, I have never heard a more compelling, convincing, or cohesive argument against clinical statins.

Download the interview and place it on a cd, play it for everyone you meet, if you must. I've had statin defenders literally recant their entire postition after hearing the interview. It has the potential to make doctors speechless, which can only be fun.

Health Talk, August 29, 2007
Dr. Hoffman welcomes Dr. Beatrice Golomb, researcherat the University of California at San Diego. She talks of her study looking at the effects of statin drugs on the central nervous system.

Cut and paste into your browser, and download here:
*http://wor710.com/episode_download.php?contentType=36&contentId=979327
adec

Postby Brian C. » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:33 am

Is this the correct link? I hear nothing about Dr Golomb in the intro.

Brian.
Brian C.

Postby adec » Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:48 pm

[quote="Brian C."]Is this the correct link? I hear nothing about Dr Golomb in the intro. Brian.[/quote]

No. I'm now a little more alive from a nap though. Take two. :)

........................................................................................
Health Talk, August 29, 2007
Dr. Hoffman welcomes Dr. Beatrice Golomb, researcherat the University of
California at San Diego. She talks of her study looking at the effects of
statin drugs on the central nervous system.

*http://wor710.com/episode_download.php?contentType=36&contentId=973894

........................................................................................
Here's another good one....

Health Talk - December 8, 2006
Dr. Hoffman and his guest (Dr. Beatrice Golomb) discuss Statin Drug Therapy.
*http://wor710.com/episode_download.php?contentType=36&contentId=183032
adec

Postby Brian C. » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:11 am

Ah, thanks adec. Shall listen later in the day when I have woken up :)

Brian.
Brian C.

Postby garystil » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:54 am

Very sorry to hear this Gayle (jazzbird).

I remember my wife going through a terrible time (long before I became ill from statins). She was experiencing a lot of pain and dizziness and I was wondering how much was in her head.

But when I EDUCATED MYSELF about her condition on the net, it almost brought me to tears. My feelings of helplessness and frustration turned to sympathy and understanding.

Unfortunately, some people need to suffer to understand suffering. But I am hopeful that your husband can EDUCATE HIMSELF about your condition and give you the affection and understanding that you deserve.

Warm regards,
Gary
garystil

Postby uncle2blade » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:47 pm

jazzbird, If it wasn't for my wonderful wife, I think I would have taken the bridge. She was the one that told me the way I was feeling could be side effects from statin drugs. I was in such pain, and had been to all the Drs. She started reading and found information on statin drug side effects. My recovery started that day. She has been so kind and understanding, giving me massages when ever she could find time. Sometimes my legs would hurt so bad she would literally rub them for hrs. I am convinced she is one of the biggest reasons my recovery has come as far as it has.

Today I'm doing better than I ever thought I would. Thanks to all the kind contributers on this forum, and my wonderful kind and understanding wife.

I will say a prayer for your husbands understanding, Craig
uncle2blade

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs