Bicep indentation - Permanent? Atrophy?

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

Postby jazzbird925 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:29 pm

As per my other posts, I developed statin-induced bicep pain resulting in bilateral frozen shoulders. Statins were stopped in January/February due to severe bicep pain resulting in bilateral frozen shoulder.

In addition to severe range of motion loss (70% left arm; 50% right arm) and obvious loss of hard-earned muscle, I have vertical indentations in both biceps. Hopefully, this is "only" a result of inactivity, not permanet muscle loss/atrophy.

Thankfully, as of this posting, my legs do not appear to have been affected.

Any input will be appreciated. Thank you in advance, Gayle
jazzbird925

Postby valgators » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:20 pm

Hi Jazz: Two years ago I had a 95% loss of range of motion in the left shoulder when it froze. After cortisone injections, it still took 1 year for me to regain full range of motion. Now they tell me I have a torn rotator cuff in this same shoulder! Coincidence or connected somehow????
Back to your question, I did not end up with any unusual indentations or other issues relating to arm appearance; hopefully, you won't either.

Valgators
valgators

Postby jazzbird925 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:23 pm

Was your frozen shoulder a result of statin induced muscle pain? I've had 3 cortisone shots, none of which did anything but throw my sugars (I'm diabetic) out of wack.

-Gayle
jazzbird925

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs