What can I do for the future?

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

What can I do for the future?

Postby mariec » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:02 am

As posted earlier, my statin nightmare began in September of 2001.
My esteemed medical center will not acknowledge the statin connection.
To quote Dr. Graveline, "A chair" has become "my preferred refuge. I am now a doddering old" woman.

There is no legal route to explore.
There is no apparent total recovery.
I am employed by my esteemed medical center.
I take folic acid, CoQ10, etc.
I was depressed prior to this nightmare and get even more depressed by knowing that there is nothing I can do the reverse the adverse effects.

Please only respond if you have helpful information.

Thank you.
mariec

Postby Darrell » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:14 pm

Marie, have you tried L-carnitine yet? I've stabilized on two capsules every four waking hours that contain 500 mg of propionyl-L-carnitine, 500 mg of acetyl-L-carnitine, and 100 mg of Q10. I get them on-line through vitacost. I know they work because my leg muscles complain whenever I miss a dose. Carnitine doesn't work for everybody, but it's sure worth a try if you haven't tried it already.
Darrell

Future?

Postby mariec » Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:33 pm

Since I have stopped taking Zetia "perfectly safe"! my leg cramps have almost become non-existent.

I will certainly add L-carnitine to my regime of supplements. Glucosamine-Chrondrotine does not seem to make a noticeable difference in discomfort. My right knee can complain - significantly - when at complete rest! I find this so perplexing.
mariec

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs