Reply to pamelasp

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

Reply to pamelasp

Postby Ray Holder » Fri May 16, 2008 5:28 am

Hi pamelasp and welcome to the forum

I hope you see this posting, as replies cannot be made to the "sticky", I can sympathise with you over the ME, as a close family member had to retire early for the same reason.

Have you yet tried taking Coenzyme Q10, your hypertension could well be related in the first place to deficiency of Q10, and statins would have made further inroads into your reserves. the Pharmanord version is one of the most reliable here in UK, but if you find it helps, it is much more cheaply availabe on the internet from USA, and of top quality.

As you have had surgery, (and possibly also from your ME), carnitine deficiency, another by product of the evil statins, is quite likely. I had severe muscle loss, for which L carnitine is permanently necessary. In UK, it is difficult to obtain except in 500mg capsule form, again, if you find it helpful, USA sources are on the net, and I have to import all of mine.

I would suggest that at least 200 mg a day of Q10, and a starter dose of 2x500 mg Lcarnitine, moving up to 2 or 3 times that amount in 3 to 4 day steps, to let your body acclimatise itself to it. If muscles are going to regenerate, it will take a few weeks for results to be apparent. you will probably have a high CK blood test level with the wastage which you describe. Mine rises in less than a week if I am without sufficient L Carnitine.

Feel free to ring me if you wish, I am in the phone book.

Ray
Ray Holder

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs