Has anyone tried Lipicontrol?

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

Has anyone tried Lipicontrol?

Postby WorriedDaughter » Tue May 13, 2008 11:42 pm

I just found this site yesterday and I am panicked, furious and happy at the same time. My Mom has been on Lipitor for years. Her short term memory has gotten so bad I had to sale my house and move in with her. I no longer let her drive because I'm afraid she won't find her way back home. I was happy to find this site so I don't feel so alone but I it scares me and makes me furious to know what these drugs do. I have had her to two doctors and both refused to switch her medication stating the memory loss was not due to the Lipitor but instead to stress over my Dads illness and passing. That may have contributed to it at the time but now I don't buy it for a second.

A friend of mine at church told me her husbands cholesterol was in the 360's. He was told to take Lipitor but he is the type that doesn't like pills he goes to natural products. He started taking a product called Lipicontrol. She says it has worked fantastic and brought his cholesterol down to normal where it has stayed. She says that coworkers of his have switched also with the same results.

I am scared to switch my Mom because she just had a stent put in for a 90% blockage. She has another 50% blockage. At the same time does she keep taking it until she has no memory?

Has anyone heard of Lipicontrol? Does it really work? I am going to continue to read these posts and see if I can find some more helpful info. I did go out today and bought some COQ10. She started taking it today.
I wasn't sure on the amount so I bought 200mg.

Thank you
Becky :D
WorriedDaughter

Postby Allen1 » Wed May 14, 2008 5:22 am

Hi there Becky,

I had not heard of this product till your post, but I have just googled it and from the link below I can see that it uses Red Yeast Rice Extract. That in itself is a statin which although a natural product it does cause the same problems that Lipitor does and any other statin.

I am also pleased to see that the place where I copied the link from does in fact recommend the use of q10 which may help people from very severe reactions to a degree.

You should also be aware that Women do not benefit from statin therapy and I will leave that for the more knowledgeable members of this site to fill in the pieces for you and to point to where the information can be found.

I got this from the site in the link:-
LipiControl combines the non-flush form of niacin (vitamin B3) with balanced amounts of gamma oryzanol, beta-sitosterol, red yeast and guggulipid, standardized to 10 percent guggulsterones.

It would be prudent for individuals who take LipiControl® to consider supplementing with coenzyme Q10, another supplement well-documented for heart health, in addition to practicing good dietary choices.

*http://relentlessimprovement.com/catalog/lipicontrol.htm

Remove the * from the above link to have a look at the information about Lipicontrol ok.

All the best,

Allen. :)
Allen1

Postby cjbrooksjc » Wed May 14, 2008 11:17 am

Becky: I'm sure, as a concerned loved one, you will read more of the posts and follow some of the links here and get 'educated' on the debilitating side effects of Statins. In the interim, here is a site where you can buy the most bio-available CoQ10 on the market. It contains ONLY KANEKA CoQ10 (a Japanese product). Many CoQ10 products you buy in a local market are from China and may contain fillers or may not be as refined or efficacious as Kaneka; it DOES make a difference. Remove the asterisks before you link.

**http://www.epic4health.com/20ac30sousub.html

Does your mother have any muscular or other neurological problems? L-Carnitine is found to be useful in regaining memory and muscle tone; specifically, L-Carnitine Arginate for memory problems and straight L-Carnitine or L-Carnitine HCI for muscle problems. I get my L-Carnitine from (gonsi.com - Nutraceutical Sciences). This is the link:

**http://www.gonsi.com/products/product-search-results.cfm

I am not promoting these products - they are simply what I get based on recommendations and on my experience with this problem. There are MANY options available on the internet.

This is a heart-wrenching situation for loved ones and I wish the best for you and your mother. Please keep us informed of your situation.

Fond Regards,

Brooks
cjbrooksjc

Postby cjbrooksjc » Wed May 14, 2008 11:21 am

Becky: One other link Allen1 posted for another thread might be of interest to you:

http://www.spacedoc.net/women_statins.htm

Brooks
cjbrooksjc

THank you

Postby WorriedDaughter » Wed May 14, 2008 10:55 pm

Thank you all. I am going to go to these sites tonight.

Becky
WorriedDaughter

Postby Cat Mom2 » Sat May 17, 2008 10:26 am

You need to watch Dr. Golombs video on you tube also.. It is about a hour long but very educational. She has done a statin drug survey that a lot of us helped with and although I have been researching on the internet for almost 2 years, I still learned even more from the video.. It is a absolutely must see for anyone who is concerened about statin drugs...

*http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FG-IARKXS4Q
Cat Mom2

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs