Can someone help me retrieve my post?

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

Can someone help me retrieve my post?

Postby valgators » Sun May 11, 2008 11:03 am

I just spent 1 1/2 hours writing My Statin Story. At the end I clicked Preview and I can't find it. I am not very computer savvy but would appreciate it if someone could walk me through retrieving it, if possible.

Thanks, Valgators
valgators

Postby spaceadmin » Sun May 11, 2008 1:20 pm

Unfortunately if it wasn't saved then there is nothing to retrieve.

Not sure what happened in this case but for long posts it is advisable to create it in a separate application that you can save as you go along - for example Microsoft Word, or notepad, or wordpad, or even an e-mail client like Outlook.

Word and Outlook ( or similar ) also enable you to spell check before posting. Once the piece is complete, save it again then highlight and copy the text and simply paste it in for your post. That way if any error occurs, you can always go back to your original source document.

Alternatively you can create the message as usual but before clicking on Preview or Submit, highlight the text and copy it ( Ctrl+C ) - that is hold down the Ctrl key and press the letter C - which copies the text to the clipboard. If anything goes wrong simply paste ( Ctrl+V ) and what you saved will reappear.
spaceadmin
Site Admin

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs