Mitochondria Support and NTFactor/SODenzyme

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

Mitochondria Support and NTFactor/SODenzyme

Postby epfleger » Fri May 02, 2008 8:43 am

Hi All:

Has anyone tried NTFactor for mitochondria support? How about SODenzyme? A search on "mitochondria supplements" will generate a whole new class of supplements that I have not seen discussed on this board. I am thinking of trying either an NTFactor supplement or the Mitochondria Energy Optimizer (made by Life Extensions, I think).

Ed
epfleger

Postby Ray Holder » Fri May 02, 2008 10:56 am

Hi Ed

I took your advice and looked up the subject, finding a good article by the Cleveland Clinic on the web address:
**http://www.clevelandclinic.org/health/health-info/docs/1600/1678.asp?index=6957

The Vitamin and enzyme therapies which they suggest are mainly those to be found in postings on this forum, eg Q10, Carnitine, B Vitamin complexes, Vitamin E, Lipoic acid, Vitamin C, etc.
It says "medicines or other toxins can trigger mitochondrial disease", as if we weren't only too aware of that fact already!!!
Surprisingly, it shows it as being present in atherosclerotic heart disease and stroke, but has it been put there by the "preventive" medication" statin,?? so commonly in use in the population for that purpose.

I suspect commercial supplement items are no more than a combination pill of things which we already know about.

Ray
Ray Holder

Postby harley2ride » Fri May 02, 2008 4:56 pm

I look up NTFactor, and there are all kinds of results, so I can't be sure exactly what you mean. I for one, am taking one called MITOCH Booster. It contains a lot of stuff I was taking, only all in one capsule. But I still take addtional stuff as well. But it is nice finding things where I can get multiple suppliments, in one pill, vs 10 pills or more...
harley2ride

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs