Three years off lovestatin

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

Three years off lovestatin

Postby Grannygood » Thu May 01, 2008 7:19 pm

It's been 3 years and I check in once a year, to let everyone know you never get better. This may sound bad, but it's true. Lovastatin was my down fall. I was only on this drug for 9 months, but now I have neuropathy in my feet and it has kept me from enjoying life but you learn to adapt. The doctor that did this to me atleast helped me get a handicapped parking plackard. I still have high cholesterol, but I will never go on statins again. I don't think I will ever live long enough to see them take this poision off the market. Everyone take care I'll post again next year. Granny
Grannygood

So sorry

Postby pgrimm » Tue May 13, 2008 8:22 am

Granny, this is just so sad, and so wrong. I join you in hating lovastatin, not for me, but for my boyfriend. Just a six months ago he was a very healthy, active guy. Together, we've been working at the supplements since we discovered what was causing his headaches and muscle pain, and I must say, we've seen some improvement for him. He was on the drug for five years, so we know it takes time. You have suffered with your own living hell, so I'm sure there is nothing new I can tell you. But I have to say that I'd like to see you check in more than annually. There are a lot of sharp people here who are working at discoverong or refining ways to heal their own statin damage. I know hope is a very discouraging word for you now, but sometimes that's all we have. And sometimes it's actually pays off. thanks for checking in.

Take Care.
pgrimm

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs