BBC Radio4 investigation on statins

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

BBC Radio4 investigation on statins

Postby Ray Holder » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:03 am

I have just listened to the above programme on statins, one of the best I have yet heard, although I feel like exploding at some remarks made. On the whole, it gives a lot of information and doctors' hesitations about taking statins. Well worth listening to.

It can be found at **www.bbc.co.uk/radio4 then click on "listen again" and find the alphabetical list of programmes, listed under --I -- The Investigation

Beatrice Golomb speaks,and Dr Jarvis??/of Lipitor adverts is debunked

Ray
Ray Holder

Postby Allen1 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:32 am

That was a good find Ray,

this was done in a manner that does give some facts and a lot of doubt about Statins usefulness and in such a way that no drug company can retaliate. Is this the way forward and will there be more information about side effects in the near future. Doctors in the broadcast were becoming concerned about the over prescribing problem and I suspect if all our doctors could hear this show that they would also take notice. Thankfully it can be downloaded and saved.

That was a clever bit of reporting from radio 4 and I am pleased you brought it to my/our attention, I normally just listen to my local radio station so I would never have heard this broadcast.

Nice one Ray :D
Allen1

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs