statin drugs

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

statin drugs

Postby gotts1936 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:56 pm

Are there any statin drug victims who have fully recovered. This is the critical question! If not, than we all have a serious problem. And, that problem is, has our lives been adversely impacted forever?
gotts1936

Postby Ray Holder » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:07 pm

I suspect that there are many people who have used statins, and managed to give them up in time, but, of course, those were the fortunate ones, and unlikely to join such a network as this. There are some others who use statins and have not yet had any problems, but for how much longer??

Ray
Ray Holder

Postby uncle2blade » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:08 pm

gotts1936,

Go to memberlist look for Tex62 read the posts there, they gave me a lot of hope when I first found this forum.

Here"s to a full recovery, Craig
uncle2blade

Postby Cat Mom2 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:38 pm

It was only in my 5th year that I thought I had statin damage and started searching for answers. That was when I realized I started in my second week on them. I wonder how many people are having statin related problems and just don't realize it. 4 out of 5 people that I talk to were having problems that they haven't connected to the statins.
Cat Mom2

statins

Postby vipergg22 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:08 pm

Statins left me with a permanent case of peripheral neuropathy in both feet . I have little to no feeling left in either foot and have pain and burning and tingling 24 hours a day , I am 50 years old so I have the rest of my life to look forward to with this nice affliction .
vipergg22

statin drugs

Postby cinbad » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:13 pm

I am 58 yrs. young and have been suffering with peripheral neuropathy in both feet now for 3 yrs. I am taking all the preferred supplements and am using the ReBuilder and have been statin free since Jan 2006. I can't go to my family doctor anymore cause when I see him I just want to punch his lights out. I have learned more about my neuropathy on the internet than most doctors know. I have an appointment in May with an MD who also practices holistic medicine. Hope he has some answers and can at least tell me what things, like CoQ10 and L-carnitine I should be taking and in what quantities.
The rest of my health problems have improved to almost normal since I quit taking statins but the general consensus at all sites on the net that I have found is that this neuropathy doesn't go away. If anybody hears anything different I would sure like to know. Thanks Tod
cinbad

Postby valgators » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:49 pm

Dear Cinbad:

I have a friend who developed neuropathy in both feet after only a few months on her statin drug. She has the burning and tingling sensation 24/7. This happened about four years ago. She takes Neurontin and says it helps but does not alleviate the symptoms.

I know you don't want to hear about a prescription drug (Neurontin), but I thought it was worth mentioning if you don't find anything else that helps. Lyrica is another prescription drug that was developed to help with diabetic neuropathy and is now also being prescribed for Fibromyalgia.

Good luck with the holistic doctor and keep the forum updated on your progress.

Valgators
valgators

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs