Headaches

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

Have you/Did you have HEADACHES?

YES
27%
NO
73%

Total votes : 11

Headaches

Postby pgrimm » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:55 pm

How many of you (who are victims of a statin drug) have had the side effect of headaches? I mean severe debilitating headaches, whereas you never had them before your statin drug?

If yes, how did they start, how long did you have them, do you still have them, how did you or your doctor treat them? Did your doctor attribute them as being a side effect of your statin drug?
pgrimm

Headaches are one of my worst side effects

Postby bunnylady » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:42 pm

I was on Lipitor 14 months, went off it for a month and then the doctor rechallenged me with FREE Crestor samples telling me I HAD to take them and they were mild compared to Lipitor- only took them for 3 days and all my symptoms came back with a whoosh- and headaches that were terrible- I too Imitrex for them- broke 100 mg tabs in half- usually 50 mg would take it away but have needed to take up to 150 mg in one day- I also take all my supplements and Christian Body Migraine defense (found the ad on this website) helps a lot- I have been off all stains for almost two years- have decreased the number of headaches but still have them- also have had breast cancer and a heart murmur since going off the statins- was very healthy when i began them
How do you vote anyways??
bunnylady

Postby pgrimm » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:35 pm

Bill's side effects started with pain in his neck then soon after a constant severe headache. He has continued to have both for almost three months. He says he has not had a moment without the pain, sleeping no more than two hours, using one of these memory foam (horseshoe shaped) pillows to support his head off the pillow. At first they only looked for something in his head, like a tumor, or arthritis in his neck, but there has been nothing positive to support that, so they just scratch their heads and prescribed more pain medications. Thus the interaction that amped the side effects up big time, overnight! He says his headaches continue to be the worst of it, although his body caught up within weeks, the muscle pains moving from arms to legs, to shoulders. I don't see too many others with the headaches, just wondering. By the way, he never suffered from headaches before in his life.
pgrimm

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs