Oral Chelation

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

Oral Chelation

Postby pgrimm » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:24 am

Can some of you inform me about "oral chelation"? Is it effective, is it safe, etc? What is it exactly, ingredients..?
thanks. Pam
pgrimm

chelation

Postby traderrob » Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:32 am

Mixed reviews from all I've read. Take a look at this page:

*http://www.lewrockwell.com/sardi/sardi69.html

Some interesting thoughts a good links.

Some people swear by IP6 phytate (rice bran extract)
traderrob

Postby cjbrooksjc » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:52 am

Pam: This is a 'WEB' definition for EDTA, one of the primary chemicals used to induce chelation:

EDTA is a synthetic solution used in chelation therapy (pronounced key-lay-shun) for disorders including heart disease, circulatory problems, and lead/metal poisoning. Although EDTA chelation therapy has not been approved by the FDA for heart disease, it has been in the treatment of lead (and other metal) poisoning.

In heart disease, chelation uses EDTA to bind with calcium (the glue that holds atherosclerotic plaque to artery walls), which breaks up plaque and carries the deposits out of the body. In many cases, EDTA chelation therapy is used as an alternative to heart bypass surgery.

This therapy is also used to promote healthy circulation, which may prevent gangrene and amputation. Since EDTA chelation therapy binds to and removes metals, it has been used to treat diseases such as Alzheimer's, cancer, macular degeneration (a progressive disease affecting vision), and lupus. It promotes a strong immune system, which aids in prevention and recovery from many illnesses.

DMSA is another chemical used for the same purpose. If you Google Chelation, EDTA, or DMSA, you will find a plethora of papers on the subj.

A caution is often included for those with hypOthyroid conditions.

Brooks
cjbrooksjc

Postby Brian C. » Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:04 pm

I have had intravenous chelation therapy treatment over a number of years.
It's kept my condition stable.

Brian.
Brian C.

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs