Polyneuropathy

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

Polyneuropathy

Postby equestrian » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:52 am

:( Please educate me as to others who are experiencing polyneuropathy as a result of Vytorin. I have been on Vytorin for several years. I experience burning, excruciating pain upon any exertion or elevation in temp. such as shower. I've expended mega $$$$ and wasted much time with no successful treatment and no correct diagnosis. Finally, this week, 3/7/08 a second-opinion, well respected allergist, suspected Vytorin as the cause. When vague symptoms appeared 3 years ago I researched that as a casue myself but got no result. Now I checked again and here I am. No doctor has suggested this as a source before and I may have continued to function as a toxic waste dump. Please, any information, guidance would be greatly appreciated, I am DESPERATE, I am DEBILITATED, and I can't continue like this.

Thanks so much, Equestrian
equestrian

Postby nanato3 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:59 pm

equestrian, I have had similiar symptoms and I am on Lipitor. I have neck, shoulder and back pain. Sometimes my back burns so badly it is difficult to stand for long. Upon exercising , afterwards, I may be in pain for 2 days. I was on Vytorin but 3 months into it I had to stop, my left knee hurt so much I had to have help getting out of a chair. It also started in my right knee, by that time, I went to my doctor, blood work was fine , but he took me off Vytorin and within days my knees were both fine. No problems since. By the way, I have never in my life had knee problems whatsoever. This is crazy that there is so much suffering and no one is listening. I have filed a complaint with the FDA against Lipitor, I don't expect any thing will come of it, but I felt I had to try. Wishing you the best....there is alot of great info here.

Deb
nanato3

Postby nanato3 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:06 pm

equestrian, I apologize, I rambled on and didn't tell you there are many here who are qualified to tell you what supplements to take such as Q10 and LCarnitine. I am taking Q 10 and will be adding Carnitine. Read Ray Holders posts, he is extremely knowledgeable. There are many here who can help you.

Deb
nanato3

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs