Is this a side effect?

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

Is this a side effect?

Postby Cat Mom2 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:08 am

I had been notcing for several years that I have a mighty high tolerance for pain. I have had my boss ask me how I burned my hand and point to my hand and look and there would be a burn mark across my hand that I hadn't know was there. Recently I had boiled some potatoes and got distracted as I lifted them off the stove, tilted the pot and boiling water poured across my hand. IT DID NOT HURT! My hand turned red and peeled a few days later but it never did hurt.

I am a cook so I get burned often. I remember years ago, a simple burn would keep me up half the night from the pain. I had cut my finger about 3 years ago, cutting to the bones, cutting the tendons and had a nasty wound. Had to go to ER to get it sewn up and it didn't hurt when I did it or at anytime. They gave me a Rx for some powerful pain killers and I refused it, never needed them... Had outpatient surgery in November, was given a Rx for that oxycodone and didn't need them.

With all the pain I have suffered through because of statins, I just find it odd that these kinds of things that should be extreemly painful, never are. Has it messed with our pain receptors? Waking up the ones inside the body and deadening the ones outside? Has this happened to anyone else?

Anyone have any thoughts on this?
Cat Mom2

statin drugs

Postby gotts1936 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:53 pm

Cat Mom2, I may be wrong, but I do not think statin drugs effect pain receptors in the body. I believe you are just a person who normally has a high tolerance for pain. I recently had surgery on my knee and did not take any pain pills.
gotts1936

Postby cjbrooksjc » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:44 pm

CatMom: Does your Dr know about this symptom; if so, did he have an opinion?
cjbrooksjc

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs