Hippocratic Oath

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

Hippocratic Oath

Postby pgrimm » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:58 pm

I am attempting to read all of Dr. Graveline's entries. As I was reading one on statin and the law, I found this quote:

In my medical school days, the famous Hippocratic oath was preceded by the simple words, “[b]First, doctor, do no harm.â€
pgrimm

Postby Cat Mom2 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:28 pm

pgrimm -The days are long gone where the doctors actually care or take pride in that they do. It is only about the money now and what it takes to keep their offices full and they buddies busy as well so they can ALL make that $$$$$.

A lot of them can be bought for a free lunch and a ink pen. I think they should be embrarrassed as hell how cheaply they can be bought at the expense of their patients health... but what the heck, it IS all about the money.

Good Lord, just look at the past and all the drugs that were suppose to help but did more harm! Doctors are educated people who should be able to think for themselves. How come they haven't stopped and thought about all those other drugs that did harm and remember that when the drug reps come in with their new miracle drug that is going to change the world. Can't they realize that they have never been told the truth? Why start believing them now? How come they haven't realized that it is to big pharma's benifit to alter their test results to sell, sell, sell!

Since they can't think, WE have to when it comes to our own health from now on. To bad it took an experience like this to wake us up.

The high cost of health care makes the news a lot and my bet is, it is the side effect of the newest drug that is making it so high. I say again, INSURERS need to WAKE UP!
Cat Mom2

Postby Cat Mom2 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:33 pm

Go watch this and feel free to ad a comment

*http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P042ShLphW8 memory loss/lipitor
Cat Mom2

statin drugs

Postby gotts1936 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:48 pm

Pam, I know many will be upset with me, but the disease we have is called "Diversity". For the last 30+ years we have been lowering our educational standards to create a 100% diverse nation. Enough said!
gotts1936

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs