WE NEED TO FIGHT! ARE YOU WITH ME?

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

Contact all private insurance companies!

Postby NurseJudy » Thu May 28, 2009 9:10 pm

I am a nurse. I see that the drug companies probably run Congress, with all the lobbying and donations. It is obvious, since they are the ones with money for TV and magazine ads, they may be one of the few profitable industries left in this country. Why would the government, or supposed universal health care, vote against them? I am also a neighborhood watch captain and have tried to get laws changed that would protect children. Government is very unresponsive.

My best idea is to call every private insurer and let them know what is happening. Send them to Space Doc's web site. Someone make a list of relivant sites and we all use them contact insurer supervision. ( Sites like UCSD Statin study). Some of these insurers already have cholesterol as criteria for insuribility and even plan to use cholesterol levels as criteria for paying doctors for care. The more people know the better. If insurers do not want low target cholesterol levels, and know it hurts their pocket book if people are injured by statins, they may have a voice that we do not have. Best idea I have for now. God bless all, Judy :!:
NurseJudy

Postby sylviak » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:39 pm

May I suggest that we put up a world-wide organisation called StatinVictims (or something similar)? We can have a chapter in each country, in every state etc. This could be a good support group. It could have a website where we can list doctors, tests to undertake, scientific researches, forums and perhaps a medical adviser to address some of our medical questions ?
Overall, the group can lodge petition, file a class action etc.
We can fight big pharma as a worldwide group and we can involve supporters. We can support the publication of scientific researches.
We can demand access to documents held by the government .We can involve consumer organisations and other groups.
sylviak

Previous

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs