Statins and immune diseases

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

Statins and immune diseases

Postby catspajamas » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:35 pm

I was on zocor for almost 4 years...had all the usual bad side effects...something has come up now that I am wondering about......I may have limited systemic sclerosis.....going to be tested for it.......have all the symptoms of the CREST syndrome....this all started when I was on statins and has gotten worse...Has anyone been tested for this?....The periferal neurapathy, colitis, muscle problems all goes along....do you suppose my immune system was so depressed by the zocor that I got this?.....(I had no problems before) If I test positive for this I will really be worried as it could be a death sentence......
catspajamas

Postby Cat Mom2 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:58 pm

That is one of my main gripes on this whole mess. We all have been SO CHEATED!

We have been cheated out of growing old the way nature intended. If we get sick now, we have now way to know if statins caused it or not. Any new ailment, any new diseases we may come down with has to be question and wondered if it is a reslut of the statin drugs or something natural that is happening. I would tend to think your new problem is statin induced. I doubt very seriously that they even know what the massive doses they have people on will do to them..

Does anybody remember when they first came out? It was a drug for OLD people and NOT in massive doses. It was only intended to be given to the elderly people... It always confused me as to why that changed.
Cat Mom2

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs