statin drug study, UCSD

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

statin drug study, UCSD

Postby gotts1936 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:23 pm

I just sent off my completed statin drug study questionnaires to University of California, San Diego. If anyone on this website would like to participate e-mail address is *statinstudy@ucsd.edu. It takes about 1 hour to complete. They will be publishing the results of this study.
gotts1936

Postby Cat Mom2 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:36 pm

I did this almost or about a year ago and they asked me to do several follow ups, wanting to make sure your answers are pretty consistant. They had sent me another one to do but I was out of town and the time had expired on it. I think they need to do further follow ups to see how we are recovering from the damage the statins did to us so we can find out if this damage is permanent or not.
Cat Mom2

statin drug study, UCSD

Postby gotts1936 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:59 pm

Cat Mom2, I hope this study is not trying to protect drug companies. They say that the study does not accept funds from drug companies, but we all know that the University of California receives funds from drug companies. Oops!
gotts1936

Postby Cat Mom2 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:02 pm

I think it is a honest study and will produce true results. Got to believe in something since we can't believe in our doctors, big pharma or the FDA anymore.
Cat Mom2

Postby Brian C. » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:16 am

CatMom2: "Got to believe in something since we can't believe in our doctors, big pharma or the FDA anymore."

We must believe in the power of our own informed understanding to determine what is best for us. Even with the best will in the World a doctor can only legally follow prescription from higher authority.

Thank goodness for the Internet and sites like this enabling us to learn, to understand, to share and to retake control of our lives. Modern medicine can work wonders with acute contingencies but cannot be trusted with managing chronic conditions, as we have all here learned to our cost.

Brian.
Brian C.

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs