CBS3 Philly | Health: Lipitor & Memory Loss

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

CBS3 Philly | Health: Lipitor & Memory Loss

Postby adec » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:37 am

Health: Lipitor & Memory Loss
February 14, 2008 11:31 ET
Medical Reporter Stephanie Stahl has details on how some patients are saying popular heart disease prescription is robbing their memories. Included are interviews with Dr. Duane Graveline and Dr. Beatrice Golumb, Research and Associate Professor of Medicine at the University of California, San Diego School of Medicine.

*http://cbs3.com/video/?id=52781@kyw.dayport.com&cid=5
adec

Postby SusieO » Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:06 am

This is a start, but it makes me so angry how the doctors (not Doc and Dr. Golumb) just push this aside and say the benefits outweight the risks! They have not lived in our bodies! It seems like in the end they always make light of the MANY people who have been hurt by Lipitor and say it has saved many lives - how do they know this for sure!!!
SusieO

Postby Brian C. » Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:19 am

Susie : "...it makes me so angry how the doctors (not Doc and Dr. Golumb) just push this aside and say the benefits outweight the risks!"

A study was published this week (sorry, my memory won't let on where I saw it) that found that people in authority who feel secure do not change their minds but continue steadfast in their refusal to listen to other points of view.
It is only when they start to feel insecure that they start listening.

Nothing surprising there but important to bear in mind if one is to remain realistic about our situation vis a vis the medics.

Brian.
Brian C.

Postby Cat Mom2 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:21 pm

The benifits outweigh the risks until it happens to you..... then it is TO late!

That part where it said it is up to the doctors to manage the side effects made me see RED!!! How can they manage something they refuse to reconize? HOG WASH!
Cat Mom2

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs