Share your Doctor... Help others including me..

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

Share your Doctor... Help others including me..

Postby kkolk » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:21 pm

I am new to this forum and need a doctor that understands what I am going through.

I am hoping to get a listing of doctors that understand the problems associated with reactions to these type of drugs. I think this is a great forum to start that in. Please help me in getting a list of doctors together and then we can regionalize it for individuals who need help. If your doctor understands the problems associated with these reaction and you are willing to submit it, please do so here.
kkolk

Postby cjbrooksjc » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:18 pm

kkolk: It would be useful if you would update your profile to include your location so those closer to you might offer a physician's/cardiologist's name. Mine is Dr. Peter Langsjoen (you can Google his name) in Tyler, Texas. Dr. Langsjoen is deeply involved in our plight.

Regards,

Brooks
cjbrooksjc

Postby kkolk » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:53 pm

Yes thanks for the reply... Lets keep it up... Our doctors need to know and be as informed as possible. My PCP has basically said seek another opionion as he is finished.

I know Im not making this up.

I have updated my profile. Please anyone who is interested in sharing, it might help us all out.
kkolk

Postby Allen1 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:19 pm

Hi there kkolk,

I see in another posting that you are in a lot of pain and that you have just started Q10, cjbrooksjc gave you the best advice in that post ie to also take L-Carnintine as this will help a lot.

Unfortunately a great deal of doctors just don't have a clue about the side effects caused by statins, this can be confounded more when the pain moves to different parts of your body as it did with me. The 2 items mentioned will definitely help but the time to get results is different for everyone and recovery time also varies a lot.

It also seems that nearly everyone else's results including my own for a multitude of tests come back negative most of the time, you may get some raised blood CK level which is proof where the doctors can see that something is wrong, but as you have already found out you are in pain and nothing shows up.

There are a lot of folk on this site that have a better knowledge on this subject than I will ever have but you will need to ask what else can help you to get better.

Please take it easy on the pain killers and ask around to see what worked for others on this site to help with pain relief.

Regards,

Allen.
Allen1

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs