ABC News: Doctors Discredit Lipitor's Link to Memory Loss

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

ABC News: Doctors Discredit Lipitor's Link to Memory Loss

Postby adec » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:55 pm

Doctors Discredit Lipitor's Link to Memory Loss
ABC News: February 13th, 2008
Evidence of Side Effect Remains Anecdotal; Doctors Stress the Benefits Outweigh Possible Risks

By LAUREN CAHOON
ABC News Medical Unit
Feb. 13, 2008
Font Size

Doctors have largely discredited an anecdotal link between the popular cholesterol drug Lipitor and memory loss.

You can read the rest of the story, and please post and share your comments and statin-recovery stories here:
*http://abcnews.go.com/Health/HeartDiseaseCenter/story?id=4281162&page=1
adec

Postby the hittman » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:01 pm

AMAZING !! --- All these people, my wife and myself included as well as Dr Graveline himself all KNOW LIPITOR CAUSES MEMORY LOSS. Pfizer must be paying off these "TV Dr's"....I went through the frieghtening short-term memory loss, so did my wife...AND THE REALLY AMAZING THING IS----WHEN WE STOPPED THE LIPITOR---THE MEMORY CAME BACK....THAT'S ONE HELLUVA COINCIDENCE !!! LPITOR IS POISON, PLAIN AND SIMPLE.-----There is more accurate medical advice on this board, than you will get a most doctors offices !!
the hittman

Re: ABC News: Doctors Discredit Lipitor's Link to Memory Los

Postby flacorps » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:46 pm

[quote="adec"]When asked about the possibility of memory loss, Pfizer responded with a statement that claimed less than 2 percent of Lipitor users — which would account for about 360,000 people — reported such a side effect.[/quote]

Umm ... because they didn't remember to report it? :twisted:

I wonder what would be found if the users were actually [i]tested[/i]?

[quote] The company noted that its research has shown no cause-and-effect link between the statin drug and memory problems. [/quote]

Company spokesman were quoted as saying "Wow! Those tobacco company playbooks for handling the press [i]really[/i] come in handy!"
flacorps

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs