OPPOSING POINT OF VIEW/GMA

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

OPPOSING POINT OF VIEW/GMA

Postby Linda Paulhus » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:00 pm

There used to be a requirement that an opposing point of view was necessary when presenting controversial statements. I watched GMA and saw the blatant disregard for patient imput [Timothy Johnson, M.D.] because these were not comments from approved [pharma] clinicals. Well, who else but the patients would have the answers?

These networks are for the most part sponsored by drug companies. According to amednews.com, 60% of the physicians are ignoring imput from patients who complain of side effects [stock options for docs?].

I would like to see everyone petition the news stations for an opposing point of view from none other than Dr. Graveline.

Linda Paulhus *www.alsalternative.com
Linda Paulhus

Postby Brian C. » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:11 pm

The degree of complacency is staggering in extent - and it's not just in the medical sphere of course.

Needless to say, complacency ALWAYS prefigures a fall.
Like Humpty-Dumpty.

Brian.
Brian C.

Response

Postby Linda Paulhus » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:37 pm

So true Brian, so true. Unfortunately not fast enough for me. I met this wonderful teacher who passed away from ALS [thanks to Lipitor]. This was two years ago. I showed him the medical information I had researched from Northwestern University. "cholesterol-lowering drugs may be a risk factor for developing amyotrophic lateral sclerosis [ALS or Lou Gehrig's Disease]." He discontinued the Liptor and improved.

Two months later, at a doctor's appointment, he was told to resume as he could "die of a heart attack". This is the language docs are using. He died. Not from a heart attack.

*www.alstdf.org [Dr. McCarty] was promoting Lipitor for therapeutic use for ALS patients. I posted the above and was accused of "interfering with the cure for ALS".

Physicians receive these medical reports. Is their bank account worth lives?
Linda Paulhus

Postby Brian C. » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:35 pm

Linda, anyone who makes anyone else fearful has a hold over them.
Only knowledge can banish fear and make us free.
That's what's happening here at spacedoc, we are banishing fear and regaining control over our lives through shared knowledge.
It's a paradigm for life as it should be led.

Brian.
Brian C.

agree

Postby nanato3 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:46 pm

Linda , so sorry about your friend who died. We go to our doctors trusting that they tell us what is the best for us. I honestly don't think most Drs intend harm, I believe they are overworked and just don't take the time to keep up . I am just thankful to have found this website or I might have continued on thinking my symptoms were just "old age."

Deb
nanato3

Postby Dee » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:31 pm

Hi Linda and all,

Doctors have been brainwashed by big Pharma. I read about a medical "conference" sponsored by one of the drug companies several years ago. One of the speakers was a lawyer that told doctors the were open to a malpractice suit for NOT prescribing statins, if the patient later had a heart attack.
Dee

Documentation

Postby Linda Paulhus » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:56 am

This was not a friend who passed away. I have been working on a 5 year research project with ALS patients [Lou Gehrig's]. About two years ago, I started noticing that many were succumbing to the disease with no history
of neuro-muscular issues.

I then came accross a study from Southwestern U. that stated statins could be a risk for developing ALS. Now---why has the public not been informed???

I want a nationwide questionnaire sent out to those on statins. According to ama-assn.org, 60% of the patients felt doctors were not documenting the side effects. Where does that leave the incoming patients" This is nationwide genocide.

Linda
Linda Paulhus

Postby cjbrooksjc » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:22 pm

Linda: I typed up my side-effects on occasion and asked my Dr. to include a copy in my physical record, which he has done. Maybe that's another way to build a case history? I also asked for a copy of my records for my files (I had to pay for the effort) and got it. Maybe we have to be more involved in the process; I think pro-active is the term d'jour.

Regards,

Brooks
cjbrooksjc

Postby flacorps » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:12 pm

If a ring that abducted toddlers for sex slaves were a major advertiser the newspapers would run stories telling the parents of the abducted children how lucky for everyone involved that it happened.
flacorps

Postby gedunk » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:28 pm

[quote="Brian C."]
Needless to say, complacency ALWAYS prefigures a fall.
Like Humpty-Dumpty.
Brian.[/quote]

So does pride.....
gedunk

Postby Cat Mom2 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:58 pm

What they are doing is just hanging themselves, the doctors and big pharma's and are going to distroy the publics trust in them and their drugs.. and that can include any programs that push those drugs rather it be a news program, or some other ones. They have already distroyed my trust in them.
Cat Mom2

Postby Dee » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:39 pm

Cat Mom,

My sentiments EXACTLY. Everytime I go in for a check up, my doc is trying to push the newest, lastest, greatest poison on me.

I have told him point blank, after the Pravachol disaster I have had, I AM NOT TAKING ANY NEW DRUGS WHATSOEVER, and will think long and hard before I take ANY drug approved by the FDA, no matter how long it has been on the market.

Seems to bother him a bit....OH WELL!!!
Dee

Postby gedunk » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:43 am

..and the fact that the pharmaceutical companies are buying so much air time to push their products. "...ask your doctor to..." It is sickening.

For many years my father was a drug detailer for Hoffman-LaRoche.
He's always said that if your Doctor is always pushing a new type of pill or something, then find a new MD because that particular one is working for the pill company, not you.
gedunk

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs