vertigo

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

vertigo

Postby Kate » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:16 am

Has anyone had any problems with vertigo that could be or was the result of using a statin drug? If so what kind of treatment or supplements worked best to help relieve the dizziness.

Because I am a ditz and really screwed things up on my computer I am no longer registered as Kathy but am reregistered under the name Kate. Even retired electronic techs have problems with computers
Kate

Reply for Kathy

Postby sos_group_owner » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:31 pm

Hi Kathy,

One of Dr Graveline's articles is a letter from a statin damaged lawyer:
http://www.spacedoc.net/law/statin_damaged_lawyer.htm
And vertigo is mentioned in the list of (some) adverse effects...
"If I have been told that the statin caused burning in my hands and feet, pins and needle pain across my entire body, stabbing pain, fatigue, mental confusion, tinnitus, walking and balance problem, vertigo, muscle pain in the arms and legs, knee pain, back pain, and blurred vision, all potentially permanent..."

So yes, vertigo is one of many ADR's.

As to effective treatments, you might find this article useful, especially if you've already stopped taking statins...
*http://www.neurologychannel.com/vertigo/treatment.shtml

Fran
sos_group_owner

Postby cjbrooksjc » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:47 pm

Kathy: Yes, I can affirm the dizziness aspect of Statins. I got to a point where I could not bend over without simply continuing down to the ground... found myself in our sunken tub once. It is nearly gone now (after 1&1/2 yrs.) but I still have some residual. For me, it was just a matter of time and the supplements. I can't be completely sure, but the Vinpocetine (a natural vascular dilator) SEEMED to help.

Best,

Brooks
cjbrooksjc

Postby Kate » Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:51 am

Thank you for the replies. A friend of mine is the one with vertigo. She had been on lipitor (for how long I am not sure) but she stopped when her legs started to ache. I will pass the info on to her.
Kate

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs