Blood test results

A forum to discuss personal experiences and share information on statins and other cholesterol lowering drugs.

Blood test results

Postby SusieO » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:49 pm

I wasn't sure where to post this, if it is the wrong spot I am sure it will be moved. :D

I was on Lipitor (as most of you know) for high triglycerides and a bit high cholesterol. Had the muscle damage and came off of it. Still had very high triglycerides until this past month. In August I began to heal and went on supplements from a wellness doctor. I lost 25 lbs, I eat better and I walk 5.5. miles a day.

My family doctor just called with my blood test results. He was amazed that I don’t take any prescription meds and where they were a year ago to now he said is a miracle. He said to keep eating, walking and taking whatever it is that my wellness doctor has me on because I can’t ask for anything better! Having high triglycerides is really unhealthy and mine dropped almost 300 points this past year!!!

Total cholesterol in Feb 2007 214 - today 168

HDL (good cholesterol) in 2/2007 37 - today 40

LDL (bad cholesterol) in 2/2007 I don’t recall exact # but it was the high 100's - today 98 (well within normal)

Triglycerides 2/2007 419 - today 148 (normal is under 190)
SusieO

Postby cjbrooksjc » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:11 pm

Great news Susie! Glad to hear it.

Brooks
cjbrooksjc

Postby Cat Mom2 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:27 pm

I am purposely trying to keep mine in the 240 range. When mine was in the 160's, I was in the worst shape I had ever been in, in my whole life. If those numbers work for you and you feel great, keep up the work and stay healthy!
Cat Mom2

Postby SusieO » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:45 pm

Thanks Brooks and CatMom! CatMom you are so right as far as knowing what numbers are the best for our bodies! Plus, my doc was not concerned about my total cholesterol when it was in the 200's as he said that was not bad - it was my triglycerides that had us both concerned. Yet, he was very understaning and patient as he does believe me about my muscle weakness from Lipitor. Now I have proven to myself and to him that IF I eat right (I am not starving myself by any means) and I exercise I can keep my levels at a good place.

When I was so weak all I wanted to do was eat and never had energy to exercise.
SusieO

Return to Statins and other Cholesterol Reducing Drugs